United Clock Corp.

Posted by Katie 
Re: United Clock Corp.
June 20, 2009 06:52AM
old clock??
Posted by: Robert howard (cpe-75-81-201-254.we.res.rr.com)
Date: June 19, 2009 09:41PM

Yes, My mother in law has a old clock, it is from the United Clock Corp, Model no 40. It looks like a large pocket watch, It sets time from the back. It also has the old chain looks it is brass and in pretty good shape, still runs. The numbers are roman numerals. Trying to find out if it is worth anything?? Could you please help me?? Hope to hear from you..

Thanks,
Robert Howard
Dear Ammuss,I also have the Drum Majorette and there is no model number on it. I just published an article in the April NAWCC Bulletin and there are several models made by United clock company without any information other than the Patent number2,140,365 dated Dec.13,1938.subject being "Small synchronous" motor. This model is very scarce
July 12, 2009 04:16PM
Did you find our any information on your clock #870 I also have one and was wondering what the value was?
Linlo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just bought Model #455 today at an auction. Clock
> on left with fire hearth on right. Lights up but
> clock does not run. Any suggestions on repair.
> Could it be in the wiring? I do not hear any
> humming noise indicating the clock is trying to
> operate. Anyone know what year this may have been
> produced?
July 25, 2009 10:28AM
I was going through my Mom's boxes and found a United Electric Clock Corp NY.The clock looks like Cinderella's coach .Just the coach there never were horses with it.If this could be what you are looking for I can email a picture to you.
It runs and keeps good time.
Ann
July 28, 2009 06:25AM
i hav an older looking clock,with the plug in back and somthing swinging at the bottom,looks straight and then round going bac and forth,the numbers r in roman numeral and it says united in cursiv in the middle of the clock and list this corp.,is it worth or how old?just an estimate cuz i hav no picture 2 show u,thanx!!!!!!!rhonda from rhode island
July 29, 2009

My sister and I bought the large "pocket watch" model for my parent's Christmas present in 1953. I have to occasionally take the back off to oil the motor gears and it still runs fine to this day. There is an ink stamped manufactured date of "SEPT 1953" inside which coincides with my older sister being 12 years old and I being 10 years old at the time. My Mom and Dad have since passed away and I now have it hanging on my wall continuing to give accurate time 56 years later. I'd have to ask my sister about this for accuracy, but we pooled our resources at the time and paid about $14.00 for that great timepiece. I think we all got our money's worth out of that purchase.

The value today - to me - priceless!
July 30, 2009 06:26PM
I have A clock from united clock corp. It has a fireplace on one side and clock on other side. model number 455 color is gold and bronze. It is made out of some kind of metal. I want to know how old it is and if it is worth anything. I know it is old, when was it made. where can I look on the Internet to find this info. please help

Thank You,
Scott
July 31, 2009 07:18PM
My wife & I have a United Metal Goods Mfg. Co. clock, Model 710, with Tom Sawyer fishing. His pole moves up & down and the fish in the lighted pond move. It is gold in color, keeps very good time and has Patent No. 162879 on the side of the base. We're interested in the age and value of the clock. Thanks!
August 01, 2009 08:26AM
tongue sticking out smiley I too have the same model #702 - matador and bull clock. It still works and I remember my dad having this clock since I was a little kid in Milwaukee,WI. He use to keep it on top of the TV - you know the old floor model. I am curious has anyone ever replied to your question? If so..do you know what year it was made. I am 45 -- I remember thsi clock from 40 years ago!
August 03, 2009 01:17PM
Hello,

I have a model No. 710 Pat. No. 162879 in working order. I have a few questions;
1). what is it made of?
2). Is it rare or a collectors item?
3). What is it worth?
4). How many were made?

I find it interesting. How many different types of mantel clocks like this did you make?
August 06, 2009 06:28PM
i have a united clock corp clock model#408. i need help on finding parts to get clock running again.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 25 plus 9?
Online Users

Guests: 23