Dominican Hair Salon recommendations??

Posted by Jihan 
I will be in NYC soon and need a GREAT Dominican salon in Manhattan. Can anyone recommend a place?
dn
Re: Dominican Hair Salon recommendations??
September 25, 2009 05:39PM
Sunny's salon in Raleigh NC on Capital blvd. Ask for Iris. She is the best stylist.
I just moved to Wilmington, NC for school and am having a hard time finding a good stylist. Does anyone know of a good dominican salon or stylist in or around Wilmington, NC. I am not going home to NY until thanksgiving and can't wait that long to get my hair done.

Any help would be great.
Hey Gals,

I'm with Katie, just moved back to the Wilmington, NC area from Norfolk, VA away from my fave Dominican stylist and now my old stylist in NC can't satisfy me. I really need someone who can do a good blow-out.
Dominican Hair Salon recommendations??
Posted by: Pamela (---.sip.rmo.bellsouth.net)
Date: October 16, 2007 12:29PM

Does anyone know where Miguelina,from Sunny's Hair Salon in Raleigh is now working now. She lady is fierce, I am African American and I have thick course hair. This chick put just a regular box perm in my hair and it was so full of body and bounce, it blew me away. I could have cried the last time I went to Sunny's and they told me that she was no longer there.

Yes, Now Miguelina works right in front of the Waltmat of New Bern in Raleigh.She has her own hair salon. She is a really close friend of mine.
Any suggestions for Philadlphia? Need someone reliable and great with natural kinky hair
It's been said many times - avoid the Dominicans. They are mostly uneducated and poor, and don't speak good English. I suggest the Polish hair salons.
I live in Columbus, Ohio. I have a hard time finding and trusting stylists with my hair. I have only had my hair done by 2 people my entire life, 1 in Cleveland where I used to live, and 1 here in Columbus since Ive started college. My Stylists here has just moved away so Im stylist-less : ( I here great things about Dominican salons from my friends in Cleveland. But I'm a little afraid to have new people doing my hair. Its hard to describe, but I'm black, Irish and native American so my hair is soft, but kinda course, and I don't have a relaxer so it hard for me to manage. Are there any Dominican salons in the Columbus campus area and will they be able to treat my specific type of hair or is it a standard way they do all hair?

THANKS!!!
The best hair salon in the Richmond Area is called Bonita's By Jeame. The stylist are very friendly and make you feel very welcome. The shop itself is very classy and colorful. The products used are very good for the hair and they work miracles on natural hair. The prices are very good and they run very good specials from time to time that include free deep conditioners and $5 off with a college ID. This comment does not do the salon justice. I am a faithful client and have been going there for years. You should try it out

5244 Hull st (beside salvage barn)
and check them out on facebook and myspace!
Looking for a Dominican hair dresser in San Diego, CA...just moved from south FL.!!!!
I am in the process of moving to Fayetteville, GA. I have seen one Dominican Hair salon on Glynn St. 770) 716-3300 270 Glynn St N, Ste B, Fayetteville, GA It is either Dominican touch or Angie's. The price was reasonable and the clients hair looked nice, straight and bouncy
as they left. I plan on trying them once we move. Also, alot of Dominican salons in Jonesboro on Tara Blvd at least 8 or nine most speak no English. Also one in riverdale on the way to I75 can't pronounce the name but here is the #(770) 997-8888

6728 Highway 85, Riverdale, GA
I had a friend go here virgin hair and says they do well with relaxed hair, and hair trained by pressing comb.

Also, I am a bit further south by Woolsey/Inman and met lady at Ingles who goes to
Insignia Salon
1240 Hwy 54 West, Ste. 304
Fayetteville, GA 30214
Phone: 404-209-0100

Don't remember stylist name though. Good luck!
ATTENTION

For anybody that lives in the DALLAS/FORT WORTH AREA. =) =)

Carmen Tavarez is a Dominican New Yorker and has her hair salon in Keller, TX. Here is her phone number (817-637-5892) and her (new) address is:

1530 KELLER PARKWAY BLVD

KELLER, TX 76248

Office#: 817-431-3355

You will not be disappointed!

P.S.
And her prices are just like in the Dominican salons in NY... cheap! =)
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 20 plus 2?
Online Users

Guests: 6