Carrie Bradshaw

Posted by maggo 
For all the New Yorkers, do apartments like Carrie's exist? Anywhere in the city (not just the Upper East Side or the Village)? I've been wondering what Carrie's apartment is (studio alcove?) and what rent on a place like that would be? I thought they took inspiration from an actual place but the closet looked WAY too big to be found in some little one bedroom in NYC.
Re: Carrie Bradshaw
May 01, 2011 08:32AM
As mentioned earlier her apartment was filmed at two different spots (night and day) I don't know if this is true but according to Sex and the City trivia Woody Allen lived on Carrie's street (I'm sure most SatC fans know this). She said he watched them film the scene where Aiden proposes to her. I don't know what other stars live in the neighborhood but it sounds like it makes for some interesting star sightings.

And just a peeve but 66 Perry Street and the chain/no trespassing sign have been said about 50m times on this thread! I swear you could turn it into a drinking game with how many times it's repeated. Why do people not read the entire thread?
July 05, 2011 10:21PM
I went this past weekend to take a picture on the stoop and as I did I saw two women running down the steps giggling and at first I had assumed they were tourists taking a picture or something but then they ran into the front garden part and started rooting around in the trash? Which either lead me to believe they were tourists or the actual homeowners (honestly they weren't dressed that well which made me to believe otherwise.) I read the no trespassing sign and the smaller sign next to it detailing that it was a PRIVATE property and to not disturb the tenants. The chain being two or three steps up I figured it was okay to put my hand on the rail and step up onto the first step. The woman BARGED from the garbage and screamed at me asking if I knew how to read. She was saying I should be arrested for trespassing. My friend had already snapped my photo and I already had stepped down from the part in front of the chain so I just nodded to avoid confrontation and as I did another woman walking her dog went over to the woman who yelled at me and said something rude and walked over to me. I was nervous because I thought she would also harass me but instead she said "She had no right to say that to you, I doubt that bitch lives there plus you were quietly taking an exterior shot without bothering anyone or trespassing." I just walked away but I truly wonder if that was the owner. I understand wanting privacy but if I had millions of dollars to be spending on a home, and was so annoyed by it and would have the luxury of knowing it would be more "valuable" to someone else, I would just move. *end rant*
245 E. 73rd St NYC
August 23, 2011 09:08PM
In the episode "Let There Be Light," when Carrie is dating Aleksandr Petrovsky, she opens her mail and we see her address as 245 E 73rd St, NYC, 10012. This may not be an actual address, but it's the address that the writers established as her address. So I guess it's right from the standpoint of the story, even though it's not an actual address. The stoop was another building, of course.
September 01, 2011 12:19AM
Hi Emily,
the apartment that was used in Sex and the City as Carrie's apartment actually is in the West Village on 11th Street / W. 4th (middle of the block on the south side of the street), it has a no trespassing sign up and that if you take pictures to donate a dollar which will go to a charity for dogs. Now just as an additional bit for you...

SJP actually lives just 1 block over on Charles Street... They chose this location so that SJP could be closer to her kids when they were newborns... So hope that answers your questions!
September 20, 2011 11:17PM
I think everyone is taking her address from the "Where There's Smoke" episode where she tells the politician her address in the SI bar when they judged the fire fighter calendar contest.

Great info from everyone, though! smiling smiley
C
September 21, 2011 04:38PM
The no trespassing sign may seem rude, but I feel for those people. They had no idea what hoopla the show would create when they signed on to let their home be filmed. A relative of mine lives on that block and I see groups of women there CONSTANTLY photographing themselves, trying to sit on the stoop, etc. I have literally never passed the building without seeing someone photographing it. It would drive me bonkers if I lived there, too. Just something to remember if you visit and feel like you weren't treated cordially enough.
September 23, 2011 09:59PM
ITS on PERRY STREET in the W Village by meatpacking look for all the girls taking pictures. although carries apt is suppose to be in the UES its really shot on Perry Stree
November 08, 2011 02:14PM
I am watching the show right now and the one where Alexander sends her a letter the letters address says,

Miss Carrie Bradshaw
245 E 73rd Street
New York, NY 10021

And when I typed it in google there was an adress for it.
November 26, 2011 05:11PM
ps. watch the SATC episode titled "where there's smoke" circa 2000 and she says her address of 245 E 73rd st to the politician she meets at the fireman's benefit. and....i'm not from new york.smiling smiley
December 18, 2011 06:56PM
I love NYC and I also love SATC! I walked down 5th avenue and strolled into the NY Public Library to see the landing where Carrie and the bridal party stood while waiting for Big to arrive. I also walked to Magnolia and ate my cupcake at the park diagonal to the bakery. I didn't realize that the fictional stoop was only a few blocks away! Next time I'm in NY, I will stop by and quietly and quickly take a photo!
January 06, 2012 09:39AM
Im freeze framing an episode scene where Carrie gets a jury summons notice addressed to er at 245 E 73 NY 10014.. a different zip That.is netween 2 nd and 3 rd on 73rd, not between Park and Madison. The real zip code is 10021 for that block.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 19 plus 8?
Online Users

Guests: 17