Carrie Bradshaw

Posted by maggo 
Re: Carrie Bradshaw
November 21, 2009 05:01AM
Hey guys
Always wanted to go to New York but have yet to. I read on a website recently that the owners of the 'carrie apartment' have now placed a no tresspassing sign on their stoop. very disapointing and it makes you wonder if they were told of the significance of the location - and think of the satc bus tours.
one day ill visit!
smiling smiley

btw here is the website that i found this info
[www.iamnotastalker.com]
Cou
January 07, 2010 09:16AM
Yes, it is 6 Perry Street. Best to go on your own since the tour no longer stops there due to angry neighbours.
January 07, 2010 11:38AM
Holy God, thank you Michael for putting an end to the endless debate! To clear a few things up, yes Michael is right about the location of "Carrie's" apartment. The exterior shots were filmed at 66 Perry Street, which is actually in the West Village, NOT on the upper east side. The address used in the show is fictional and does not exist. The majority of NYC footage used in the show was filmed in the West Village, even though at times it was supposed to depict other areas of the city onscreen. There IS a SATC tour you can go on, it's roughly $40 US but they do NOT take you to Perry St anymore to see the apartment building. The owners of the building have put a chain across the stoop with a "No Tresspassing" sign on it. (Easy way to spot the correct stoop if you happen down Perry St though smiling smiley ) The tour I mentioned above takes you to Steve and Aiden's bar (Not actually located on Mulberry Street like it is on the show...it's a few blocks away, it's called "O'Neals"), the sex shop Charlotte bought her "Rabbit" at, and also points out tons of other locations throughout the lower west side used for filming. HERE'S THE KEY THOUGH....you CAN go to "Carrie's apartment" on the tour or find it yourself with these directions....the tour takes you to the original Magnolia Bakery, located on Bleeker Street. No, there are no tables and chairs outside...but it is literally about three blocks east of the bakery. Walk up Bleeker to Perry St, turn right and it is about a two minute walk down the street on your right hand side. Hope this settles the debate!
January 22, 2010 03:31PM
scout is on corner of grand and baxter. they moved the sign for that episode...
hey
February 07, 2010 01:14PM
In sex and the city carrie live at 245 east 72nd street, but they use a house on perry street 66
February 15, 2010 05:13AM
You can get a charming name necklace like Carrie wore at [www.mynamenecklace.com]

They ship for free almost anywhere around the world, have a great selection of styles and fonts, are relatively inexpensive, and of good quality.

Enjoy it!
C.
May 07, 2010 01:04PM
ok, so what about the other three??? its not all about carrie, i wanna know where the others live-their last known addresses in the series obviously.
May 18, 2010 04:57PM
By any measure, Sarah Jessica Parker is a multimillionaire. But you wouldn’t know it judging by how much she likes scooping up swag and freebies.

On the set of her most recent movie, Parker kept 12 pairs of the same Swarovski Crystalline cocktail glasses used in a wedding scene, an on-set source told The Post. At $390 a set, that’s 24 cocktail glasses worth a total of $4,680.

Read more: [www.nypost.com]

[www.nypost.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2010 04:58PM by askanewyorker.
May 22, 2010 10:57PM
Hi...new here =) SATC fan...what is that framed artwork that Carrie has in her apartment resting on her sofa table? It's right at the entry...I would love to own a copy!! Thanks!
May 23, 2010 01:42PM
if worse comes to worse, take the sex and the city tour. they go rght to her house smiling smiley
May 31, 2010 10:23AM
Finally watched Sex in the City 2, i just love it! i am wondering where sjp live in real life?
KDL
May 31, 2010 05:33PM
the scout bar is really o'neals.
[www.flickr.com]
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 4 plus 10?
Online Users

Guests: 7