Where to live in Manhattan...Help!

Posted by Heather 
Re: Where to live in Manhattan...Help!
March 06, 2006 05:31PM
www.craigslist.com
March 06, 2006 06:30PM
I'll post or email you the sublet guide that I used last year. It has some real nice places, buy I found mine on Craigslist. This other one listed 14 St to 86 St only.
March 06, 2006 09:07PM
Heather,

If you are interested in no fee buildings in Manhattan I have a listing of them I would be happy to share with you if you provide your email. It lists both doorman and non doorman buildings that you call to find out their availabilities thus cutting out the broker (and fees). Just so you know I just signed a lease for an apt on W 71st St (between Broadway and West End) for a true one bedroom about 500 sq feet in a walk up for $1550. I used a broker to get this place but for the location and the size I think I got a deal. Deals are to be had out there! Good luck with your search!
Hey there NYCchic and Daveman! I would love to get both of your resources. Daveman-14th St. to 86th St. is purrfect! Also, NYCchic I really hope that you are not a broker or connected with a brokerage firm, so if not thank you in advance...CAchic44@aol.com
March 07, 2006 12:38PM
greenpoint Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Heather, let me be the first to say thank you for
> your decision to stay out of Brooklyn. Whole
> swaths of my lovely borough have been ruined by
> privileged and "successful" rubes like you.
>
> I thank the good Lord I am not a peep in your
> demographic.

So TRUE, so FUNNY. I'm amazed at what the yuppies do to once affordable neighborhoods. Then they swear they "discovered" it.

Tell that to my grandparents who lived in Inwood in 1940.

Hey there NYCchic and Daveman! I would love to get both of your resources. Daveman-14th St. to 86th St. is purrfect! Also, NYCchic I really hope that you are not a broker or connected with a brokerage firm, so if not thank you in advance...CAchic44@aol.com
Hi all,

Sorry to crash this thread but it seems like there is some good discussion going on here.. smiling smiley

My situation is similar to Heather's in that I'm moving to Manhattan for around 6 months but have the luxury of having the choice of a company apartment for the duration of my stay.

I'm 29 and looking to have fun during my stay (aren't we all?) so would like to be close to bars/clubs/restaurants/concert venues etc. The choices I have are as follows:

East 23rd and 1st
East 29th and 5th
East 38th and 2nd
East 66th and 1st
East 69th and 3rd
East 71st and York Ave (opposite Roosevelt Island)

West 27th & Avenue of Americas
West 43rd and 9th
West 49th and 8th
West 56th and Broadway
West 89th and Amsterdam
West 94th and Broadway

My office will be next to Madison Square Park and ideally would like to keep the commute below 45 mins.

Sorry to overload you with so much information, any advice you can give will be much appreciated!

Many thanks,

Nick.
March 09, 2006 07:49PM
If you go to W27th and 6th Ave or E29th and 5th you will be able to walk to work within 10 mins.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 19 plus 15?
Online Users

Guests: 14