Best Places to Live in New York City for the first time

Posted by Andy 
Re: Best Places to Live in New York City for the first time
November 16, 2009 04:25PM
You will need a roommate for that price range. Greenpoint, Astoria, Sunnside are good options for neighborhoods.
Hi, I am single, 32 and will be working in the Soho area. Desperately seeking to rent a tiny studio in a safe area starting Jan. 2010 (I come from a small town in Oregon). I have been looking at Brooklyn or Queens but would appreciate any input, suggestions, tips where to find a place, anyone out there that can help? thanks!!!
Hi I have a budget of $1,000 to $1,250 for a tiny studio in the NYC area, I am single, 32 and need a decent, cheap place to rent asap in a safe area for January 2010. I am moving from Oregon so urgently need advice what neighborhoods to avoid, best commute to Soho area,etc. Any suggestions about Jersey city? please help!!!!!!!!!
is Williamsburg a good, safe place to rent and not too far away from Soho, Mahattan? thanks for your prompt response.
Re: Best Places to Live in New York City for the first time
December 04, 2009 01:24PM
Rod
Williamsburg is very cool, ultra -in place to live. Greenpoint to the north is also considered very desirable. Soho would be a 25 min commute. L train to Union Sqaure transfer to N,R or 4,5,6 trains....The further out on the L line the cheaper the rent....Sunnyside Queens,Astoria aslo would be good bets in your price range...45 min commute to Soho.
Hi tks for the input, I've been looking at studios in Williamsburg, can anyone tell me which areas to avoid in Williamsburg or is every area decent and safe? thank you for the help!!
Long Island City!!!!! Commute like a rockstar, affordable, up and coming, lots to offer, more to come... i should be in their commercials...
Thanks for your input. You were right on!
I think is a good neighborhood to live is Halmilton heights between 135th streets to like 168th street wich is very convinient to people that work in downtown or midtown, and I feel like the neighborhood is safe and people are very friendly.
Broadway is a good area to live
I need help with the best place in new York city or close to it (about 30 Minutes away) i need help about the best places to live that is affordable , safe . I am moving to new York city by my self so it would be a great help if some one could explain the best way to find a room mate to rent an apartment with me i have a budget of about 800 to 900 Dollar Thanks smiling smiley thumbs up
Hi everyone!,

So I got some exciting news today, my husband was offered a job in NY, and we're all about trying new things and not passing up something that would be good for us as a family.

We have 2 girls and another on the way (one month away). We currently live in southern CA, we've lived here are whole lives, our girls private school & church is basically right next to us. My questions are where is a good place to live in NY? Where are the good private schools?

I really have mixed feelings about such a big move and to where...HELP!

Thanks Olivia
My vote is for Astoria!! It's a quick train ride on the N or W into the city and a great community. You get more for your money, and since places are bigger, there are lots of roommate opportunities. Also, food prices are less expensive. I don't have children, but it seems kid friendly. Lots of great restaurants and bars along Ditmars.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 1 plus 21?
Online Users

Guests: 5