Best Places to Live in New York City for the first time

Posted by Andy 
Sarilla, thanks for such a complete answer!

I am also looking to move to the city for a grad program Feb-May looking for a good deal, however I'm looking to have roomates. I hope I didn't miss this in a posting, but what about around Brooklyn College? I also see a college point listed in Queens.
I'd like to add Flushing, Queens to my inquiry. I see a lot of talk about places to avoid in Brooklyn but which ones are the unsafe neighborhoods in Queens?

Thank you!
Hello my name is Angel I am a single mom wanting to relocate to the ny area. What is a good area in NY to live with a teenage daughter. I have been looking at buffalo area. Any good recommendations would be helpful. I will be seeking employment need a good area for jobs in Medical field. Also good high school zones, for senior year. I am currently living in Louisiana and need really good advice will be relocating in June 2008. email me at email please thanks hope to hear back soon.
Hi everyone

My husband got a job in Lake Success/ North Hills area and we want to know where to live.

Our budget- $1200/month
I bed room apt
safe
Can drive and park near the train so that I can work at Manhattan

If anyone has an idea, please advice me.
Thanks!
Re: Best Places to Live in New York City for the first time
January 05, 2009 05:57AM
Mina: $1200 for a one bedroom?.....sunnyside or woodside in queens would be a good choice.

[www.city-data.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2009 06:32AM by askanewyorker.
January 29, 2009 08:16AM
[www.nypost.com]

QUEENS IS KING IN 5-BOROUGH SURVEY
CITY'S HAPPIEST RESIDENTS LIVE THERE

Queens residents are the city's most cheerful - while people in The Bronx give their borough, at best, a Bronx cheer....

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2009 08:21AM by askanewyorker.
I am wondering: which part of manhattan has the most trees? and where is best for a 30-something to meet a life partner? where do you get the most yoga-people, meditators, etc? THANKS SO MUCH!
Hi my name is ivan and iam 18 and im from Wisconsin i wanna move to NYC but i dont know what area to live in. Any suggestions?
I have no budget so anywhere works for me. Does anyone know if the upper east side is good? I was also thinking west village or midtown west???
Someone let me know where is best
thanks
August 13, 2009 03:02PM
Is there a safe affordable place for a family to live near Manhattan?
my mother is moving to New york city, through the battered women. Is there any good transitional housing?
i live in laona wisconsin and i plan to be moving to new york to go to nyu in the fall what do you think is a nice area, between 700-900, and near a subway
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 9 plus 1?
Online Users

Guests: 7