Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

what is a new yorker?

Posted by Ally 
ken
Re: what is a new yorker?
January 08, 2003 05:37PM
I don't know if you can acurately define a New Yorker, but you know them when you see them. My first clue amongst this bunch is the lack of grammar. Hey, Ronnyb, don't you mean "...their city?"
what is a new yorker?
January 08, 2003 06:10PM
A new yorker is someone with attitude :-)

But also someone with compassion, love for the human race, and for their town, the city of hope and of success for everyone.

God bless america, and god bless new york
Re: A New Yorker is...
January 08, 2003 06:17PM
I agree. New York has based it's success on the diversity of it's peoples.

Pure or un-pure: if you love the city then you'll be loved,for the most part, by it's inhabitants
Street
January 21, 2003 08:00AM
A New Yorker: Someone who loves to walk.
January 22, 2003 10:26AM
I don't think so,and I believe that A New Yorker's kinda of item,anyone ,no matter where were they from or what were they doing,right now they contribute their lifes,and devote all their energies to the city,who are New Yourkers.
January 23, 2003 12:18PM
A new Yoker is somone who eat the new yorker pizza. And finds it better to walk then to drive.Ally wrote:
>
> Hello there, All you New Yorkers! Tell a nice English girl
> what is a, "New Yorker?" regards, Ally.
January 26, 2003 08:39AM
It is true that a true New Yorker can be a person in some part of NYC, meaning that you really don't meet the true NYers outside of the city. Take it I know someone who lives in Buffalo, or rather Manchester. I went there for a week and they are too scary to really say that they are NYers. Sorry I'm used to the hurry up and go of Queens, Bronx, Manhattan, and Brooklyn (which is where I live). You can say that it could be the possibility that I was just bored, b/c there wasn't any action or hip-hop groups, but come on now. But then I would have also go back and say that someone who moves into the inner city and live for awhile, at least 2 years. They can be considered "True New Yorkers". Because if you want to dig into it, we aren't true New Yorker. Unless you were the first person to build you cottage or log cabin here. I know a little much, but come on it happens to often. I've even find myself listening to someone and find that they're not from NY and laughing at them. Sorry, but it happens. There are different definition, but you have to accepted that if you feel like New York is a home to you then you too can be a New Yorker. Phil wrote:
Attitude crazed New Yorker
January 26, 2003 09:34AM
A real New Yorker is someone who was born and raised within the proximity of Times Square (the capital of New York City)in either one of the 5 boroughs (for those of you that do not know Queens, Manhattan, Brooklyn, Bronx, and Staten Island). We true New Yorkers have an attitude not one but various discriminating and kind attitudes. We all laugh, cry, scream, pout, whine, smile, frown and spit. We carry enough energy to pace walk up and down the city all day, and hold our breath when we are crammed in the subway because some people do not like to take a shower, brush their teeth, or wash their clothes because they know they are going to get it dirty again the next day. We walk past tourists, stock market business men, John Doe fund (thanks for your effort to keep the city clean), Mexicans, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Asian, Africans, Irish, English, and the other 188 nationalities, prostitutes, hippies, bums, classy girls that wear miniskirts, and the hustlers that howls and whistles at every girl in the city. New Yorkers lavish money out top designer clothing while the hippies go out and buy two dresses and sew them together to make "radical" pants. The worst New Yorkers are the one that get greedy with their money and boss people around like they have a stiff nose. Their national anthem should be "To the bank, bank, bank!" The real New Yorkers are the one that Stand United when the country and state is in a crisis, they do not attack the President or Mayor about attacking "innocent" people in the country that just laughed at us because our twin towers were attacked by some pscyhos in their country. "IF YOU ARE TIRED OF NEW YORK CITY, THEN YOU ARE TIRED OF LIFE!!!"
P.S. If some legislative, diplomatic,or someone in the big chair of NYC, share the friggin parking spaces, they are not yours they are ours and I mean the New Yorkers, see what I mean about the stiffed nose people!
May 20, 2003 07:21AM
A New Yorker is someone who respects the city life, and the rest of New York. A New Yorker Is also someone who is a proud Yankee and not embarrased to admit it.
June 06, 2003 03:55AM
A new yorker is someone who is able to live in city of noise. Someone who loves the life in a big and beautiful city like new york.
Tyler wrote:
>
> A New Yorker is someone who respects the city life, and the
> rest of New York. A New Yorker Is also someone who is a
> proud Yankee and not embarrased to admit it.
jon
June 11, 2003 11:02PM
I agree with Tina- one who loves the city, as big and as beaautiful with all of its noise and dust... I sometimes wish I got more dust in my nose living in Texas - always in the gd car- don't even know if I'm alive.... gd it! Hate the always hot humid pouring out of my pores weather in Texas; even on Dec. 25th when people in NY saw snow- I was sittting there with my fan sweating like a dog and had to turn the ac on. There was white christmas songs on the radio and I was in a tank top... unbelievable.. love your city; love your neighbors... you're lucky!
jon
June 11, 2003 11:08PM
so agree with that as well.. i hate driving so much- in Texas all you do is drive from home to work; work to grocery store; grocery store to home; home to gym; drive to friend's house; drive to the movies; drive to the clubs; drive down the street to get a soft drink... geez, and it's so hard to find people to come out walking with you--- why, because nobody walks and it's weird if you do... besides everything is 25 miles in radius so you will sweat like a monkey if you walk and possibly pass out from dehydration.. sad smiley even my dog hates walking... ! as soon she's done with her business and she runs back home cuz she starts panting like crazy when we start to walk cuz it's hot- oh, did I mention that people don't walk around here cuz nobody knows the concept...
christian
June 12, 2003 11:01AM
A New Yorker is someone who has lived in New York for a period of time and has gained the attitude with out realizing it. To a New Yorker New York is just a place where you live, it's nothing new to them. When they leave the city something kicks inside of them that says this isn't how life's supposed to be. When they get back to the city they take that deep inhale and say, "i'm back, this is how i'm supposed to live."
Kevin
June 13, 2003 09:10AM
I totally agree!
slowly, you just get "the attitude", and when you leave, you can't wait to get back to "reality"!
chris
June 14, 2003 10:02AM
yojon i agree i'm from east coast brooklyn delaware i live in houston an it's hot as hell i'm movin back in a few months texas an new york are definitely two different worlds
June 30, 2003 02:25PM
ronnyb, I really liked your definition of a NYer. Thats what I think it is too, someone who longs for the smells, sounds and sights of NY. Someone else said that it was someone who was born in NY and lived in the city their whole life. She gave this whole big definition and I dont know why she wasted her time because it was all wrong. But I liked your alot...its very right, very true. I was born on Long Island and I spent a great deal of my time in NYC but I still consider myself a NYer.
>
> Someone who longs for the foods , smells, people and sounds
> of there city

great job!
July 02, 2003 08:22AM
OK. Born & raised there, lived in Florida a long time. NYers are some of the warmest people on earth. Don't laugh! One IE: I was in a grocery store, alone in an aisle. Someone sneezed an aisle over & I heard 3 "Bless you's". From 2 or 3 aisles over! No one does that in Fla. NYers are so enriched by the cultural diversity there, but never too distracted by it all to be human.
July 04, 2003 02:11PM
I completely agree with Isaac! Who cares where you're from or where you live in the city, whatever! You're a true New Yorker if you love the city, the culture, and the people.
July 06, 2003 06:48PM
A New Yorker is a person who knows the city and the person loves this city!
I was born in this City and now I live in Frankfurt/ Germany but at this time I`m in New York! And it is wonderful to be back! Alex
Danny
July 07, 2003 08:19AM
A New Yorker is a people like you and me. Where is the true difference now? There is no difference, but NY is deep in my heart. :-)

Danny from Berlin, Germany
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Online Users

Guests: 22