Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

what is a new yorker?

Posted by Ally 
Re: homeless Guy
July 09, 2003 05:35PM
a new yorker is anybody. lady liberty says:give me your tired,your poor,
they should say give me any slob who can't drive,can't paralell
park,is unemployed,homeless,has a pot belly and a bald spot,shirt untucked,food stuck in their teeth,just anyone you can somehow cattle prod
onto a ship,send em' right over.We want them.We dont care who you are
just come.NYC is everyone who cant possibly be accepted into society any
other place in the world.If God labeled all the cities NYC would be
"MISCELLANEOUS",and that's why I love it.
MaryBeth
July 10, 2003 02:36PM
There's a more positive response, Sarah!
Thanks for that!
I knew you could do it!
Re: what is a new yorker?
August 13, 2003 01:15PM
a person born and raised in new york and tends not to be put down by others
September 11, 2003 06:44PM
a person from new york obviously
September 14, 2003 02:54PM
A new yorker is a person like me. A perosn who grew up on the streets of new york, a person who has ridden on all the subway trains throught all 5 boro's, and stopped at every station. a new yorker is a person that knows how to follow and lead new york systems. A new yorker is undefeatable. even though over 10 people die per day from violence, but we stay strong for ever. Ima New Yorker with a new york heart and I Shall Not Be Defeated!
January 16, 2004 06:10AM
Sounds just like London then !
I reckon being a New Yorker is like being a Londoner. You love and hate the city of your birth in equal measure.
Re: Attitude crazed New Yorker
January 17, 2004 07:46PM
Way to go. I couldn't agree more
Re: Attitude crazed New Yorker
January 25, 2004 04:00PM
Justin,

It's a year - 1 day later and I still agree with you. I can add one more to your list...being a survivor! We have grit. Grit with compassion under the most trying circumstances. That stunned the rest of the world even more.
jj
July 27, 2004 11:22PM
a TRUE new yorker is being born in ny..hanging out all over da 5 boroughs..growing up with an indian friend, spanish friend, black friend, and a chinese friend and not knowing the difference...not judging based on looks..loving life, culture, diversity, and uniqueness...speaking your mind and most importantly having respect for your neighborhood-thats where you learned everything from and a TRUE new yorker alwaysss reps where they were born and where they grew up.. im repping forest hills queens and new hyde park long island=)
August 02, 2004 04:58AM
A New Yorker is a person born and raised in New York. I get tired of hearing implants saying i'm a New Yorker and the people born in New York and moved when they were 6 months saying they are New Yorkers. If you were born in New York, raised in New York and lived in New York more than 60% of your formative years then congratulations, you are officially a New Yorker
August 03, 2004 05:06PM
I've heard, that everybody who had lived ten years in new york, is allowed to say he/she is a New Yorker. But what about all the other people,who live in new york for years, not ten years, but for years, aren't they New Yorker? What are they? People, who try to be a little bit like a New Yorker or are they something complete different...?
September 10, 2004 08:43PM
i thnik a new yorker is any one who loves new york and i thnik long islanders are as much of newyorkers as newyork city natives you are a true new yorker if you dont move to florida,georiga,texas,claifornia,or any weird southern states hahahahahahahahah i dont like the south thats why i am a true newyorker from long island!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cordelia
Re: What is a New Yorker?
February 13, 2005 05:11PM
I think a New Yorker is someone who lives in New York City and knows the place somewhat well. I don't think you can be a true New Yorker unless you know how to get around the place. You have to know the city, know where things are. For example, I was born and raised in New York City, but I don't really consider myself a true New Yorker because I don't know how to get around that well.
March 06, 2005 12:00AM
A true New Yorker is someone who has never been to the Statue of Liberty or a Broadway Play
Jon
May 19, 2005 09:11PM
A true New Yorker is someone who knows the city. I think you have to have lived in NYC for awhile to know it, I am only 17 years old and don't live in NYC but live real close to it and I do know the city pretty good given my age and I don't live in the boroughs. Oh yeah Subway Series this weekend GO YANKEES.
Sam
July 16, 2005 03:30AM

In the eyes of a foreigner , new yorker was supposed to a go-getter, fast-talker, no-bs , screw u if you get in my way kinda of guy , am i right ?
Sal
July 18, 2005 07:47AM
Bingo, well said
Re: New York
July 24, 2005 09:52AM
Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>

A New Yorker is someone who has lived in New York for a period of time and has gained the attitude with out realizing it. To a New Yorker New York is just a place where you live, it's nothing new to them. When they leave the city something kicks inside of them that says this isn't how life's supposed to be. When they get back to the city they take that deep inhale and say, "i'm back, this is how i'm supposed to live.">>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Very well said !!
I am originally from upstate NY (Albany area) , and was transferred here 5 years ago. I love this area...I live on Long Island, only a few blocks from the LIRR. I literally can walk onto the train, and in 20 minutes, step off into midtown Manhattan. I have seen concerts, Broadway shows....walk blocks and blocks (NY'ers HAVE to be able to walk !!). Whatever the main reason I come into the City for...half the thrill is the City itself!! Just walking around, experiencing the life all around you....causes you you wake up something deep inside yourself to say "Hey...I'm alive!!"

My older sister (who now lives in Cal. ) always said to me, "I know that you will live in New York"... She was right. I love this City!!!

July 25, 2005 05:09AM
Being an italian who spent the only (but the best) 3 years of my life in NYC i can hardly consider myself a New Yorker. My friends used to see me like the quintessential new yorker though cause a) I simply loved every single moment spent there in spite of all the odds b) cause i used to buy stuff on sale (real sale not like Italy!) c) it's the more stimulating place in the whole planet
July 25, 2005 05:11AM
Being an italian who spent the only (but the best) 3 years of my life in NYC i can hardly consider myself a New Yorker. My friends used to see me like the quintessential new yorker though cause a) I simply loved every single moment spent there in spite of all the odds b) cause i used to buy stuff on sale (real sale not like Italy!) c) it's the more stimulating place in the whole planet
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Online Users

Guests: 8