Wedding Witness

Posted by Simon 
Re: Wedding witness
June 29, 2010 03:56PM
My fiance' and I will be traveling to NYC in August to get married. However, we do not have a witness. How do we obtain a witness since the City Clerk's office said we cannot use one of them as a witness?

Thanks,

Janet
August 24, 2010 10:20PM
Hi,

We just moved to NY and plan to have a wedding ceremony in one of church in NYC. But we dont have any witness, while we need 2 witnesess. Anybody can help us and we will give the compensate for that. The ceremony will be very simple and take only 25 min. PLease help!

Surya
August 25, 2010 08:39AM
I'd be happy to help you out.
Kennedy@AskaNewYorker.com
September 01, 2010 01:19PM
Hi Kennedy,
You seem to be very helpful and knowledgeable about courthouse weddings. We are not in NY but I think my questions are not unique to NY.

My daughter just called me and wants to get married at the court house tomorrow at 2pm.

1. What is appropriate dress for this?
2. Do we, as the parents, bring anything like a bouquet or flowers for the bride/groom?
3. Do we make a formal announcement after the ceremony via US Mail or verbally or facebook or not at all?
4. Anything you can offer as proper actions would be appreciated
September 01, 2010 03:46PM
hi shelly,
I'm kennedy's wife! We got married at the courthouse in brooklyn.
Wear whatever you like. I saw people in "real" wedding dresses, and also some in jeans. I wore a nice dress (not a wedding dress) and kennedy wore a suit.
Sure, bring flowers, why not!?
We had announcement cards printed up and sent them to family and friends, but that is up to you what you want to do.
I'd say, do what you feel is right and what suits you, and good luck and congratulations.
September 04, 2010 03:58PM
Hello Everyone!

We are planning on eloping in October.
It will be just the two of us and we have no witness, we plan on arriving in NY on October 7/10 and we hope to pick up our marriage licence on Oct 7 or 8th and get married on October 11/12 or 13th.

Any ideas on witnesses and is the city clerks office open on Oct 11?

Thanks for any and all help,
Christa and Pierre
September 05, 2010 11:53AM
Please feel to contact me directly. I'd be happy to help you out.
best,
Kennedy

Kennedy@askanewyorker.com
September 07, 2010 12:59PM
I'm glad I found this site! Great info~! I just sent you an email as I have the same issue...

It's weird that no one at the office will stand in as your witness. In Las Vegas, they do that for you. I guess NYC isn't quite Vegas, although they claim to want to be the next biggest wedding destination surpassing Vegas (some article I read about the renovated Bureau facilities said something to that effect)...

Thank you!
September 16, 2010 02:31PM
Hello,
My gf and I decided to get married in NYC (we are from Paris)!! However we need a witness for the very short ceremony. We are looking for a witness (from September 16 to 25). Any suggestion is welcome.
September 16, 2010 06:50PM
Please feel free to email me directly
kennedy@AskaNewYorker.com
Congratulations!
September 17, 2010 05:36PM
Hi Kennedy,
Thanks a lot for your answer!
We finaly found a french couple who accepted to be our witnesses and did the celebration today.
It was really touching even if it lasted few minutes...
Going tonight celebrating this big event!!!
October 01, 2010 01:53PM
Hey you all,

I'm planning to get married at the City Clerk's Office. We have a witness, but I was wondering if it could be a foreigner or if it has to be an US citizen. He's German (just like me smiling smiley) and we would love to have him there, but could probably find somebody else... one witness is enough though, right?
Maybe somebody knows ?
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 18 plus 13?
Online Users

Guests: 24