Wedding Witness

Posted by Simon 
Simon
Wedding Witness
January 14, 2009 02:25PM
Just the two of us are coming to NY and plan to get married. I have read that you can just get someone in the registry office to be your witness - is this true? If not any other suggestions for getting a witness

Cheers

Congratulations!
I would be happy to be your witness. My name is Kennedy Moore and I publish Ask a New Yorker.

I would suggest the following. In my opinion a witness is more of an honor with that said....

I'm also a photographer. So the idea would be to capture the big moment. Following the cermony we will go the Brooklyn Bridge and Central Park for some more pictures.

Let me know if this interest you. I'll provide you with at least 75 pictures from the big day. Price $300. 1 hr for witnessing and two hr tour.

Wedding Witness NYC
[www.weddingwitnessnyc.com]

Best,
Kennedy

Oh, you are heaven sent. You wouldn't realize, how many calls I have been placing to get someone to help us. Mohit Behl

Here's is a wedding video a client created, Neil and Georgie and sent it from the UK and inserted the wedding pictures I took.

[www.youtube.com]

kennedy@AskaNewYorker.com

[www.cityclerk.nyc.gov]

Just the two of us are coming to NY and plan to get married. I have read that you can just get someone in the registry office to be your witness - is this true? If not any other suggestions for getting a witness

Cheers

Edited 17 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2012 03:17PM by askanewyorker.
Re: Wedding witness
January 16, 2009 11:59AM
Hi Raymond

Actually, you CANNOT get anyone in the City Clerk's office to be your witness. You must provide at least one witness for your wedding. It is suggested that you have 2 witnesses on the form, but one is legally sufficient.

They must come to the marriage bureau for the wedding ceremony and wait with you. They do NOT have to be there when you get your license.

Anyone over the age of 18 can be a witness, they do not have to be a US citizen. We often ask the photographer to be a witness, and most agree and are used to this. Otherwise, if you are being married at your hotel, sometimes the concierge will be a witness, or someone at the hotel. Sometimes my husband accompanies me to small elopements, and takes pictures and signs the license. (Once, he rowed the couple in the rowboat for a wedding in Central Park Lake, and took pictures too - but he's handy that way :-).

Good luck!

Mary

[WeddingsofNewYork.com]
[elopenewyork.com]
March 09, 2009 07:52PM
I am getting married on Thursday 12th March in the Manhattan city clerk's office. We do not have a witness...............can anyone help. I phoned the office and they say it CANNOT be a member of staff from the office. It will just be the 2 of us travelling to New York and we don't know any one there!!!
HELP!!!!!!
March 10, 2009 12:17PM
HiVikki,
What time are you planning on being there? I could help you out.
kennnedy@AskaNewYorker.com
March 18, 2009 05:10PM
Hi Kennedy - what a swell guy. I just saw your offer :-) Did you meet them?
Help..we need a witness
June 11, 2009 07:21PM
Hi, my boyfriend and I just got our marriage licsense today and found out that we have to bring a witness...in the middle of the day....to sign off as witnessing we were married...I though one of them would just do it....We are having a cerimony... so we can't tell anyone .. Is there a service or someone we can call to hire... help please sad smiley Kisses
June 15, 2009 11:56AM
When is your wedding?

www.newyorkcityelopements.com

[kimberlycoccagnia.blogspot.com]
June 24, 2009 12:14AM
we want to do the civil cerimony asap..we have the licsense already...the whole family thing is next june.
June 24, 2009 10:00PM
Hi, Im not sure when asap is, but I would be more than happy to help you out. Send me an email. winking smiley
Cheers!!!

www.newyorkcityelopements.com

[kimberlycoccagnia.blogspot.com]
June 21, 2010 11:20AM
My fiance and I are from Virginia and have been to the court house for our marriage license, we will be vacationing in New York City last week of June will the State of New York honor our marriage license or do we have to be married in Virginia- Thanks Jack
Re: Wedding info
June 21, 2010 11:24AM
My fiance and I are from Virginia and have been to the court house for our marriage license, we will be vacationing in New York City last week of June will the State of New York honor our marriage license or do we have to be married in Virginia- Thanks Jack
Oracle?
June 21, 2010 12:03PM
You can get married here, but you'll need a license from NY State. Here's all the info you'll need:
[www.cityclerk.nyc.gov]
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 3 plus 12?
Online Users

Guests: 9