Comedy Clubs

Posted by nancy 
Comedy Clubs
July 27, 2006 08:52PM
We will be in NYC for the first time in September and would love to visit a Great Comedy Club...any recomendations.
Re: Comedy Clubs
July 27, 2006 11:14PM
sorry no time to answer on the way to the airport, but wanted to get you out of the midst of the spam so someone else can help you. there must be 25 of the spam boogers.
July 27, 2006 11:52PM
Go to the ones outside Times Sq. I reccomend NY Comedy club 24th between 2nd & 3rd Aves. The Comedy Cellar is on McDougal St (I am pretty sure, but Google it to be sure) and has great headliners, Dave Attell from Insomniac on Comedy Central has been headlining there lately. It is downtown, away from the crazyness of midtown. There is always Dangerfields on 2nd Ave & E 62nd St. Carolines in Times Sq. HA! in Times Sq, which has recently moved to the heart of Times Sq, not 46 st by 9th Ave. If you are wandering around Times Sq, you will see the comedy club hawkers. They can be a nuisance, but what they are offering is well worth the money. The tickets are cheaper from them, just don't always believe what they tell you in regards to the performers. One guy told me that Chris Rock was due on-stage and he was not! Regardless, these hawkers do sell tickets at a reduced rate than the door and some really do have 2 for 1 drinks after the show.
July 28, 2006 03:05AM
I went to one, I think called 'The Comedy Club', it's the one from the Seinfeld shows. I believe it's on 83rd and 2nd or 3rd, can't quite remember but it was brilliant. Like Daveman suggested, we bought tickets from people on the street (we were walking from Central Park right down Broadway and saw ticket sellers about half way down), and they were A LOT cheaper than buying from the club.

One word of warning was the club had a two drink policy, meaning you HAVE to buy 2 drinks at least when watching the show. $9 a bottle of beer was the cheapest.

Well worth it though.
July 28, 2006 07:07AM
-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2006 09:36PM by bartjan19.
July 28, 2006 09:26AM
Upright Citizen's Brigade
307 West 26th Street (8th/9th)
212-366-9176

Check out their website:
[www.ucbtheatre.com]
July 28, 2006 09:36PM
Upright Citizens Brigade is great. It was started by Amy Poehler and Horatio Sanz from Saturday Night Live. I reccomend that also. As far as 2 drink minimums, that is the industry standard in NYC. As far as the total price, $5 per person for the door and $8-9 per drink with tip = $25 for the show. The club wants to make $ on the drinks. It is a tough business.
August 01, 2006 10:08AM
Gotham is great, as is UCB, specifically the Reuben Williams improv act.
August 04, 2006 02:12PM
The Comic Strip is on Second between 81st and 82nd. I live around the corner.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 23 plus 25?
Online Users

Guests: 26