civil wedding in ny - rooftops?

Posted by antonia 
civil wedding in ny - rooftops?
August 01, 2006 01:03PM
hi, we want to have our civil wedding in manhattan. I have read that with an officiant you can get married everywhere you want. We were thinking about something up in the "sky". Do you know of any rooftop or something like that, that would be available? We don't want to get married at a touristy place like the ESB or the Top of the Rock. Any other ideas? I appreciate your help a lot. Thanks.
Re: civil wedding in ny - rooftops?
August 01, 2006 07:15PM
There is a lovely rooftop garden on the roof of a lower part of the Rockafeller Center, it overlooks 5th Ave and the spires of St Patricks Cathedral are behind it. I don't know if it is open to the general public though. I think it is called the Anzac Memorial Garden, or something similar, it would be a lovely place for a wedding. The entrance to the building is on 49th St (I think) and it fronts onto 5th Ave.
August 01, 2006 07:22PM
How about rooftop garden at the Met?
August 01, 2006 10:05PM
More info - the Anzac Memorial Garden is on the 7th Floor of the British Empire Building in the Rockefeller Center.
Thanks a lot for your input. Unfortunately, the Anzac Memorial Garden is closed to the public. It would have been great though. Do you know anything similar?
Rob
August 03, 2006 05:56AM
If you can't find a suitable roof top consider Central Park. The Conservancy Garden and the Shakespeare Garden are popular places for a wedding ceremony

www.centralparknyc.org
August 03, 2006 06:39AM
The Maritime Hotel has a very nice outdoor approx 3rd floor garden setting

and another....

[www.themaritimehotel.com] 15

336 West 37th Street, 15th floor
(between 8th & 9th Avenues), New York, NY 10018
Tel: 212.871.0939
www.Penthouse15.com
Opening in March 2003, this new space offers it all! Beautiful views, terrace, hardwood floors, exposed brick walls, and a beautfful rooftop garden. James Catering is the in-house caterer, however, all caterers are welcome at Penthouse 15.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2006 07:20AM by askanewyorker.
August 03, 2006 09:31AM
The Conservatory Garden in Central Park is lovely.
August 03, 2006 09:44AM
This is inside, but claims to have great views of the ESB.

(http://hometown.aol.com/dessertsny/LambdaMewsPartyLoft.html)

Central Park sounds great to me, or the roof of the Met
August 03, 2006 02:13PM
I got married once in the Conservatory Garden and had reception at the Boat House - with horse-drawn carriage and gondola rides in between. It was absolutley a great place to have a wedding.

Marriage didn't last but the memories seem to ;-)
August 03, 2006 04:20PM
LTT..that sounds lovely. I know I shouldn't but the opening " I got married once" had me smiling!
August 04, 2006 01:31PM
Me too! It was like "I went to Paris once". Nostalgic. LTT, I hope you always remember the good times.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 19 plus 23?
Online Users

Guests: 7