The finest, upscale steak restaurants in Manhattan

Posted by eagleswingsunltd 
The finest, upscale steak restaurants in Manhattan
March 24, 2006 10:04PM
During a one week trip to Manhattan from april 10-17th, I plan on dining at some of the finest, upscale steak restaurants Manhattan has to offer, with one exception.

I'm aware that Peter Luger's in Brooklyn is from what I've read online the standard by which all other steak restaurats are measured by.

So far I'm seriously considering these: Wolfgang's, Bull & Bear (inside Waldorf-Astoria), Bruno's, Daniel's, Ruth's Chris (eaten there in Atlanta & Greensboro, NC), Ben Benson's.

I would appreciate any suggestions and or feedback on these mentioned any any others worth mentioning.

Thanks so much
Jeff
jsmith27379@triad.rr.com
Keen's on 35th or 36th St. is really good, as is Old Homestead on 9th Ave and 14th St.
Re: The finest, upscale steak restaurants in Manhattan
March 25, 2006 06:08PM
Add to your list Del Frisco's, Sparks, and possibly Smith & Wollensky.

And stock up on Lipator.
March 25, 2006 06:24PM
Thank you for these suggestions. I'm already aware of and have Del Frisco's, know of Sparks, but've chosen not to place reservation. Also know Smith & Wollensky.

So far, reservations have been placed at Bull & Bear, Keen's, Peter Luger's, Wolfgang's. Also interested in Jean-George's (in Trump Intnl Tower-CPSouth), and Daniel's. Many celebrities & high profile people eat at Jean-George's.

This should provide an exceptional dining experience with plenty of photo's to go with it.

Jeff
April 02, 2006 04:46PM
Sparks is phenomenal. Ruth Chris is great too, but it is a chain and you can try it in many cities. If you are visiting, why not go to a steak house with NYC history and atmosphere? Go somewhere that you can only go to in NYC. I suggest Sparks (the place where John Gotti had Paul Castellano murdered in 1985 during rush hour traffic- making Gotti the Don) on E46 st by 3rd Ave. Or try Keens on 35th st. It is very very old and has a lot of history as well.
April 02, 2006 05:11PM
You're correct of Ruth's Chris chain restaurant. I've eaten at the Buckhead location in Atlanta, Ga as well as near my apt in Greensboro. Both served great steaks and provided excellent service.

As of now, Sunday April 2nd, I have reservations at the following.
Monday- Bull & Bear
Tuesday-Daniel's
Wednesday- Wolfgang's (no reservation needed for the bar)
Thursday- Keen's
Friday- the awesome Jean-George's
Saturday - Peter Luger's
Sunday- Del Frisco's

I do not intend on eating a full meal at all of these, some just enough to enjoy the experience, look around (for well known rich people or celebrities), and take what photo's I want.
Thanks for the suggestions, it was helpful.
Jeff Smith
jsmith27379@triad.rr.com

Sparks is phenomenal. Ruth Chris is great too, but it is a chain and you can try it in many cities. If you are visiting, why not go to a steak house with NYC history and atmosphere? Go somewhere that you can only go to in NYC. I suggest Sparks (the place where John Gotti had Paul Castellano murdered in 1985 during rush hour traffic- making Gotti the Don) on E46 st by 3rd Ave. Or try Keens on 35th st. It is very very old and has a lot of history as well.
April 02, 2006 05:13PM
wow! Can I come?
April 02, 2006 07:57PM
wow! Can I come?

If thats a half serious, half joking question, the anwer is it's a possibility.

That doesn't mean I pay your end, it just means you can join me......!!

My e-mail address is jsmith27379@triad.rr.com.

These restaurants have a 2 fold purpose as I told the Director of Public Relations Mrs. Farkas on the phone the other day.
I'm there not only to enjoy the fine food & upscale atmosphere, but to see how the "other half" lives. That would be the rich enough to frequent places like these quite often without any regard for prices.

While there, I'll capture what I can with photos.

Anyone can join me, especially if you're a female, single & decent looking. And you have a decent disposition. Contact me & I'll send you a photo of myself.
Jeff
Del Friscos is also a chain. I love the one in Denver and wish I could afford to go more often. It would be where to find who's who, that's for sure.
April 03, 2006 07:14PM
Gallagher's Steak House
228 West 52nd Street
This is the real deal!
Uncle Jack's Steakhouse is supposed to be amazing...very pricey, but very good. I haven't been, but my friend goes all the time and loves it. The service is supposed to be excellent as well. I love Peter Luger's. Not great service, but unbelievable steak. Uncle Jack's is located at 440 9th Ave.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 12 plus 6?
Online Users

Guests: 24