Grand Central Station Holiday Fair

Posted by Jeff Smith 
I was at the Grand Central Station Holiday Fair yesterday and saw some great handbags with Manhattan scenes painted on them. Most were leather, others had only leather flaps on them with the scenes. I do not live in the area, and may not get back to New York before Christmas! Does anyone know how I can get one of these bags for my wife? Can I get vendor information from the holiday fair or if you know the vendor, how can I contact them? I am kicking myself for not getting a business card!
Thanks,
Jeff
Re: Grand Central Station Holiday Fair
November 25, 2007 05:35PM
Jeff I know exactly what your talking about. There also at Union Square Christmas Fair. I'll get you the information tomorrow.
November 26, 2007 04:08PM
Jeff I believe this is what your looking for:

[www.insidersny.com]
Help!

I am looking and looking for a vendor from the 2007 fair. He was selling American Indian jewlery from the new mexico area. As you entered the fair from the GCT he was in the first row to the left, near the end and on the left and side. He had an inlay cuff bracelet with multi colored stones that I am intereseted in. And I think the booth across from him was Shu Shi crochet toys etc. or something like that.
Oracle?
February 12, 2008 03:34PM
GCT's web site lists an email address for vendors inquiring about Holiday & Spring Fair Listings. Perhaps they can help you?

[www.grandcentralterminal.com]
Margaret
February 12, 2008 03:57PM
I can not locate a vendor list with email address on the GCT web site. Could you please direct me. The email address for Fair info has not responded to me.
Oracle?
February 12, 2008 05:17PM
I don't know how I can offer any help. Since vendors probably don't contact that email address so early, my guess is that it's not monitored daily. Give it a bit. Perhaps you can contact the vendor whose name you do know, and they can direct you to contact info? (Just guessing here.)

Good luck.
February 12, 2008 05:28PM
Taos, NM is one of my favorite places. I am familiar with the kind of bracelet you saw. Here is a link to one of the jewelers in Taos who sells similar.

[www.taostrading.com]
Margaret
February 13, 2008 07:30AM
Thanks for the suggestions. I can not believe that there isn't a vendor list somewhere and a "map" of the spaces though! Is there a spring fair? I have contacted the other vendors that I have business cards of and neither could give me any help at all. Thanks for the link, i have looked at their bracelets and contacted them as well. I would still like to find this particular vendor though.
February 13, 2008 09:12AM
A friend of mine sells at organized street fairs all the time. There is no list or map of vendors on the web sites, even though the vendors have to pay months ahead of time for the summer season, and try to get the same spot every year.
Margaret
February 13, 2008 11:04AM
I've got the name of the vendor!!!!! Just wrote him. Now to see if he still has the bracelet.....

Margaret
February 14, 2008 03:44PM
Way to go Margaret!!! Good luck with the bracelet!
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 20 plus 9?
Online Users

Guests: 22