Citi Field

Posted by ukmetsfan 
Citi Field
October 01, 2008 10:43AM
Hi
Can anybody tell me how much a cab from Midtown Manhattan to Citi Field will cost? I try to avoid subways due to me being a gigantic wuss! Also is there a good chance that i will be able to pick up a cab after the game from outside the new stadium?
I'm a massive Mets fan from the UK and have decided to pre-plan my trip early to take my mind of lack of October games!
Any help would be great.
Re: Citi Field
October 01, 2008 11:04AM
Dear UKMetsFan:

Wuss or no wuss, you should take the subway.

1) It's cheaper
2) It's fun

You will be surrounded by other Mets fans and regardless of a ballgame or not, the NYC subways are very safe.

A cab ride would be expensive, impractical and a waste of time considering the amount of traffic there would be around the stadium.

Take the #7 train from Grand Central Station to CitiField and you will have a great time. Part of the New York baseball experience is riding together with your fellow supporters.

As the popular saying goes... "Wait 'Til Next Year"
October 01, 2008 11:06AM
Carmel would cost $37.00 plus tip and tolls...can't see tolls coming into play....
212-666-6666
Taxi would be about the same but its metered....Carmel will pick you up right in front of your hotel.
October 01, 2008 11:16AM
I love the 7 Train, one of the most reliable and trusted lines in the subway. Far better than the woefully slow B and D trains to Yankee Stadium. For a mere 4 dollars, you can get from Grand Central Terminal to Shea/Willets Point (Well, citifield now) and back in no time. That's right, 2 dollars each way if you're cheap as heck like me. A taxi on the other hand, would be an expensive debacle, and nowhere near as fun as being packed in a crowded car full of other Mets fans.

You must take the 7 train!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2008 11:17AM by Blayze.
Oracle?
October 01, 2008 01:15PM
What they said.
October 01, 2008 03:00PM
Thanks everyone. I guess i really need to get over my fear of the subway! I guess the thought of getting lost and being a lone female scares me. I don't even use the London Tubes for the same reason. I guess that would be a good place to overcome my fears lol. Thanks for all the advice! x
Oracle?
October 01, 2008 03:20PM
The #7 is elevated in Queens, so the views are great too. Really, it's the way to go.

If you're a Mets fan (congratulations!), you should also plan a trip to see their farm team, the Brooklyn Cyclones. The beautiful ball field is right on Coney Island... fantastic views AND Nathan's hot dogs!
October 01, 2008 03:58PM
I find the London Tube more confusing and a lot more expensive than the New York subway, also New Yorkers are a lot more helpful than Londoners. When I first came here I found that people were very friendly and always willing to give me directions, even when I didn't need them. In London I got the impression that I was being a pest if I asked for help, people didn't seem very approachable.
October 02, 2008 10:57PM
What Marea said....Go for it!
October 03, 2008 08:15AM
I have 2 friends visiting from Australia and when we were shopping in Lane Bryant on 34th yesterday the lady who served us was so nice to them. When she found out it was their first time in New York she gave them each a hug and told them that was only the first of their New York hugs, that's how nice people are here.
Oracle?
October 03, 2008 08:44AM
Do they still have their wallets?
October 03, 2008 03:08PM
Yes they do, in fact she was giving them advice about how to look out for pickpockets etc, apparently she used to work security for Daffys.
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 6 plus 6?
Online Users

Guests: 6