boss sauce or country sweet

Posted by Jessica 
Re: boss sauce or country sweet
October 23, 2010 02:06PM
I too am from Rochester! If you are in Central Florida, I am opening a location serving Zweigles Reds and Whites, my take on Sal's Sauce, my family Wing Sauce and Garbage Plates! (of course I am careful not to use that name). Opening in December 2010 Villaggio Grille and Pizza Company at Cagan Crossings in Clermont. It will be the sister of my current place Winter Garden Pizza Company where Beef on Wicks have become a hit! Come see me!
October 24, 2010 01:47PM
I lived in Rochester from 1976-1982 and have fond/delicious memories of the 1/2 chicken plate served on Genessee St. I would love to get a copy of Smitty's/Snuffy birdland sauce! Would you send it to me please?
Thanks,
Carole
Binghamton, NY
December 08, 2010 06:06AM
Hello fellow Rochesterians:
i am so glad to know i am not alone here, i relocated here to Atlanta GA, 10 years ago from Rochester and i crave food. don't get me wrong they have some nice restaurants here but its not real food to me. i miss country sweets, Sal's bird land, nick Tahoe's, gitsis, oh and campis, i can hear campis calling me sometimes. i was glad to recently find this website so i can order the sauces, because my family member are tried of having to bring it to me every year. now if i can only get a meal sent.....>grinning smiley<
December 14, 2010 05:41AM
First of All, in response to Ms. Davida, I don't know who you are and I don't really care. I do know that you need to look up the word Infamous because Clearly my grandfather Smitty's Sauce was not infamous... It Was FAMOUS. Second, If you read his Obituary, you will see that he had Four Daughters. My Mother was HIS First Born Daughter. Mrs. Betty Sanders and you all Know this so don't get it twisted. But maybe you don't know because you didn't even come to his memorial service. Betty and Mildred are his Legit Children, who he took care of and stayed with in good and bad times. and don't ever disrespect his wife Marie who married him and took care of him until his dying day. I was always told that your Mom was only in it for the money, Got pregnant for the money and is still a Gold digger just like all of you. We have his ashes and it would be great but a very disrespectful to tamper with them... But I would love to take those ashes to Maury Povich So Maury can bust all of yall's bubble by saying "Smitty was NOT your father"... and it's sad that you all are still trying to take his money by making your fake sauce... too bad he left it all his money to his real wife and children...us.
I can't really help but get involved in what's been said about who's related to Smitty and who's not but I do know for sure that Smitty Never mentioned having kids named cheryl and Diana or whatever they call themselves...I always heard him talk about Betty and Mildred. He Adored them and I know Betty was the one who ran that restaraunt he did date a Lady named Cheryl or Shirly, but she sure was a crackhead who was after his money. I do know that because I met her and she fit the part. I would lauph at how stupid she acted. what a waist. And if I remember correctly she would have all that hair on her head lookin like somebody's kitchen mop. I never seen her workin in the restaraunt though either so that's got to be a lie. I always went in to get my dinners twice a week on different days. I loved that food. I guess He saw her as just some young meat and if he did have a child by her he had to be in his 60's.... and the kids would have to be late 20's or 30's... now Betty and Mildred were about the right age about 60 or so. so yes I would have to agree with the young man who said he was the Grandson because he has the facts. I Know also that he was married to Marie for a long time so he was never married to that drughead girl Shirley. I hope they find out who their real father was... God Bless yall. and to the young man, don't take his ashes to Maury.. that would be a shame. He's gone now and if they want to claim him as their stepfather, let em.... there aint nothin to gain or lose... You know and God knows who his Children are. Take care and RIP Smitty!
You can Find Boss Sauce At Wegmans.Tops also Walmarts
February 14, 2011 01:56PM
ok guys heres the scoop....snuffys ....started out as smittys.....he lost his store due to a employee dealing drugs out of it.....he then moved to anew store front downtown across from the granite bldg. around the corner from Jim's bar....he did as good or more so there than in his ghetto store over by St Marys hosp on Gennsee st.....he had to change the name to snuffys for legal reasons to be-able to keep going ...then he started bottling his sauce.under the SNUFFYS name,I still have an original bottle of SMITTY's and it still has his pic on the front..and that's how he let ppl know the new name was by putting his pic on the new lable..
if u remember his first store u would know that he himself and only him would run the cash regester......and he and only him knew what his sauce was made of...all the other joints made there own style of sause.....and anyone who tells u they know what is in the sauce is full of bull/if u taste Boss Sauce to SNUFFYS diff taste...as to him being the first...i cant say..but i can tell u that u used to get 2 slices of bread and mac salad in a to go box..

but the bottom line is that SNUFFYS is nothing More than SMITTY's SAUCE
July 13, 2011 02:47PM
Is Snuffy's Birdland on Brooks Street still in business?
August 17, 2011 03:54PM
I was born and raised in Rochester, grew up putting boss sauce on fried chicken and when I moved away from Rochester I was surprised to find out that it was impossible to find boss sauce anywhere locally.

I live in atlanta now and I just got a big gallon from a relative who was visiting Rochester and then returning to Atlanta.

I'm about to bbq chicken breast that have been marinating in boss sauce all day, can't wait.
I produce my own sperm sauce. All I need is a couple of boobies, and my rod is ready for sauce production.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 13 plus 22?
Online Users

Guests: 22