boss sauce or country sweet

Posted by Jessica 
i need a recipe using country sweet sauce but i cant find any online please help email me at erica_lounsberry@yahoo.com thanks alot
Re: boss sauce or country sweet
January 16, 2009 11:05PM
Connie, send me message! Some friends are opening a restaurant at the former Snuffy's location (Thurston and Brooks Avenue) and I was doing a bit of research...
Wing Sauce
Ingredients.
1. 2 Cups cider vinegar.
2. 1 ¼ Cups sugar.
3. 6 oz. Honey (add more for thicker sweater sauce).
4. 6 oz. Mustard.
5. 2oz. Ketchup.
6. 3oz. Frank’s Red-Hot. ( Texas Pete )
7. 1ea. 6 oz. can crushed pineapple. Puree in blender.
8. Crushed red pepper flakes, your choice. 2 Tbs. = Med.
Directions.
1. Combine first 3 ingredients and use medium heat until sugar is dissolved and watery.
2. Then add the next 3 ingredients.
3. Drain pineapple and puree in blender then add to sauce.
4. Add Red pepper flakes and bring mixture to boil. ( Caution: Boils over easily.)
5. Add 6-8 ice cubes to cool then simmer ½ hour.
This is close to Boss Sauce.
March 26, 2009 11:06PM
Oh My Goodness, I am in the same boat as you guys, I have lived in Rochester for 7 years, and didnt get a taste of Country Sweet until about two months before I was going to move down to Atlanta, GA. Once I had it , i kept going back for more, I really wish I could find it here, but have had no luck. If there is someone on here living in or around Atlanta, that came from Rochester and go back and forth every once in a while back up there, please email me, I need a few bottles of those, LOL!!! They are so good on fried chicken wings or even baked chicken..

shygirlsara@gmail.com
May 24, 2009 09:51AM
Greeting to all from the Flower City,and the greater Rochester area.
I'm glad we all have the same opinion about the famous ''BOSS SAUCE''
My wife and I relocated here in Charlotte in the early part of the 80's
and we miss Snuffy's bird land on Clarissa St. Every Sat evening we would order chicken dinners from Snuffy's. All our children and most of the family still lives there. And when our daughter comes to visit, they bring a gal of hot and mild boss sauce. It's amazing when you move away you miss the taste of home, but thanks to the Internet we can bring the taste of Roch with us anywhere.
My husband is stationed in El Paso TX and I am having Country sweet withdraw and I saw your post and I will be going to Albertsons TODAY!! Thank you so much! There is nothing to compare here in El Paso and I have been ordering it and having it sent here!!
Rik Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here's a little folklore on the Rochester sauces:
> The original sauce was made at a small chicken and
> wing restaurant on Portland Avenue called
> "Snuffy's" It's rumored that Snuffy sold his
> recipe for 8 million dollars. The new owners
> changed the name to "Boss Sauce". It is also
> rumored that the secret recipe was lost in a poker
> match. That new owner couldn't produce and market
> the sauce as "Boss Sauce", so they added a bit
> more vinegar, sugar, more red pepper, and that new
> sauce is called "Country Sweet". In the mean
> time, since Snuffy could no longer use his own
> sauce, he changed the recipe from the original.
> Unfortunately, his customer base was used to a
> certain taste from his chicken, and his business
> ultimately failed as they could now go to Wegmans
> and buy Boss Sauce, or drive to Country Sweet
> Chicken and get similar. This is the story that's
> been told around Rochester for years.
August 17, 2009 08:08PM
Jessica Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am not sure if anyone knows about Boss sauce or
> country sweet sauce, it's a chicken sauce. I just
> moved from Rochester,Ny to Durham,nc. and I cant
> seem to find any chicken sauces down here, i miss
> my boss sauce! lol someone help!

How can you have this whole thread, and nobody brings up Sal's Birdland???

I came to Rochester to go to the U of R, and lived there from 1980 to 1989. Sal's was one of the 5 basic food groups. Ever since, I've had the sauce delivered about once a year.

Unfortunately, their shipping has become outrageous. So, I'm starting to look at Boss as an alternative. I always viewed Boss as a distant second, along with Country Sweet. I never made it to Smitty's. I've made sauce, and it never QUITE captures the essence of the originals.
I can suggest you can go to [www.zweigleshotsandmore.com] and there they can ship you Zweigles Hot Dogs,Boss Sauce, Country Sweet and many more rochester based products to your doorstep at low prices.
August 27, 2009 09:26PM
Boss Sauce or Country Sweet????? Why choose????? MIX 'EM...

I'm a Roc native and my brother had a sub shop in mid 2007 to early 2008 [corner of North St/Hudson Ave/Chestnut -- the old G & G spot). I went in there to get some wings one day, he mixed the sauces...the rest is history...[oops...T...I hope that wasn't a secret]

His spot was short-lived due to landlord issues so I'm trying to talk him into coming to Florida to "knock-em out"...

I too stumbled upon this forum during my search for "the sauce"... my husband journeyed to Rochester last month and I thought the man was going to bring back a few gallons of Boss...he almost forgot it and grabbed a couple of the 16 oz bottles of Boss & Country Sweet at the last Wegmans before the state line. Needless to say they lasted less than two weeks and now I'm on the internet looking for it...my 16 yr old said "don't worry about the shipping cost, just get it down here".

Yeah to the Walmart question...I miss Zweigles too.

On to bosssauce.com...
September 13, 2009 06:35AM
Dear Sir,
I live in Rochester. Where do you live that your thinking of your venture?

Charlie Eagle
585-381-2283
The name of the restaurant that originated "Boss Sauce" was Smitty's and it was on Genessee Street in Rochester. They use to serve a quarter piece of chicken on two slices of white bread, a side of macaroni salad and the bread and chicken was covered with their wonderful sauce. I was given the recipe by an old friend of the owner and I've had the recipe for almost 40 years...I can't give out the recipe but it has ketchup, mustard, sugar, vinegar and hot pepper flakes in it...
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 21 plus 16?
Online Users

Guests: 18