boss sauce or country sweet

Posted by Jessica 
Re: boss sauce or country sweet
November 05, 2009 04:33PM
The Hot Shoppe carries Country Sweet Sauce as well in a larger bottle than NY Deli. I always make sure I have at least 2 bottles in supply for those times I get the chicken wing craving. Anyone have the recipe for Sal's Birdland's macaroni salad?
Was it Genessee or Main St by East High School?
February 28, 2010 04:04PM
Yea, that boss sauce is good i use to have may sister-in-law bring me some to florida eveytime she came. I did not like any of the sauces they had in Florida until I tired smokehouse bbq in Quincy, Fl they have a sauce you can put on anything ribs, chicken, wings shrimp, and etc.
I have not had this stuff since moving away from Rochester , save for right this moment when i was in town last week I got 2 jars it, I think I could drink it from the jar if I did not have to share it with my roommate. I really wish it was more available out side of the small part of new york state (HINT HINT) I would love to be able to run down to Price Chopper or Hannofurds and grab a jar when ever I would like .
I am the grandson of Grandpa Harry "Snuffy" Smith AKA... "Smitty"... I just want to say how appreciative I am of you all for leaving the comments that you did..One thing Grandpa knew how to do.. was satisfy his customers. He made great memories for me and our family as well. Oh and he also loved his Cigars !!

thanks for the memories..
I know for myself you started it all Grandpa !!
June 03, 2010 07:49PM
Does anyone else remember the original (both the restaurant and the sauce) as "Smitty's" instead of "Snuffy's"? From about 1968 on into the 80's or 90's, and through restaruants on Clarissa St, Plymouth Ave, Genesee St, and a few other places, that's what I remember.

During some of that same time, there were Sal's Birdland restaurants too, but those were up north (maybe around Lake and Driving Park?) and I never made it to those.
Hey... I was in Rochester from 1972-77 as a grad student at the Medical Center (U of R). We went to Smitty's every chance we gotr for that crispy fried chicken half, macaroni salad and that HOT sauce poured over all with white bread beneath to soak it all up.
I have replicated Smitty's sauce many years ago and would share it whith anyone that is interested. I love that sweet, hot sauce on EVERYTHING!!
Let me know if you want to share memories, etc.
Hey Guys/Gals,

I moved to Fl. and was in the same boat as everyone posting here!!

I have made sauce below but added 1 whole orange,cut in half and squeezed,rind and all. You will also need to add 20 more minutes on the cook (VERY low heat) time with extra liquid from orange. Enjoy!!

Ingredients.
1. 2 Cups cider vinegar.
2. 1 ¼ Cups sugar.
3. 6 oz. Honey (add more for thicker sweater sauce).
4. 6 oz. Mustard.
5. 2oz. Ketchup.
6. 3oz. Frank’s Red-Hot. ( Texas Pete )
7. 1ea. 6 oz. can crushed pineapple. Puree in blender.
8. Crushed red pepper flakes, your choice. 2 Tbs. = Med.
Directions.
1. Combine first 3 ingredients and use medium heat until sugar is dissolved and watery.
2. Then add the next 3 ingredients.
3. Drain pineapple and puree in blender then add to sauce.
4. Add Red pepper flakes and bring mixture to boil. ( Caution: Boils over easily.)
5. Add 6-8 ice cubes to cool then simmer ½ hour.
This is close to Boss Sauce.
Re: boss sauce or country sweetc
September 07, 2010 10:31AM
first I would like to say u r not the biological grand sun of smiity he had only two biological children diana and cheryl smith and now two biological grandchildren my mother his previous wife knowa the true recipe od the sauce because she helped him run his biz during there 15 yrs of marriage I am the younger daughter of ms shirley of a later marriage and my sisters and mom desreve credit maria had no kids by smity and made him abadandon his children until his we all now reside in atl ga if u would like to buy the infamous sauce in jars jusst hit up my email
September 24, 2010 03:26AM
Listen everyone who is inquiring about Boss Sauce. I was born and raised in Rochester. Country Sweet Sauce is number 1, Boss sauce comes in 2Nd and Sal's Birdland 3rd but I like all the sauces that come from Rochester, dont forget about Smitty's, Tony's Birdland Sauce, and to the willie guy lets talk about starting a restaurant and you are right make a killing using the sauces. Nobodys know how great Rochester BBQ is. Dont forget about Nick Tahoes the home of the Garbage Plate.
You can also order Boss Sauce, Tony's Birdland sauce at [www.rochestersauces.com]
October 11, 2010 04:42AM
Heres the recipe

1 cup sugar
1 cup mustard
1 cup ketchup
9-13ounces of white vinegar
5 teaspoons dry mustard
1/3 cup lemon juice
lots of hot crushed pepper to your liking.. stir well, simmer for 1 hours..delish!
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 22 plus 7?
Online Users

Guests: 7