Good place to buy computer in Manhattan

Posted by Will Henderson 

Can you tell me where is a good, reliable place to buy a laptop? (Not a Mac).

Somewhere that's like B&H is for cameras....but for computers.

I'm from the UK so want to be sure I can ask about what will and won't work back home.

Thanks in advance
B&H + PC = J&R! J&R on Park Row opposite City Hall.
Re: Good place to buy computer in Manhattan
June 21, 2007 01:56PM
Check online at and for that week's specials.
I've found recently that they have had been having good deals on the low end laptops.

stay in NJ to visit NYC --> []
Best Buy was able to give us a lot of help when helping a friend from Brasil buy a computer. You can also go on line and check prices. Often the internet price is less, but you can ask for that price and usually get it at the store.
June 22, 2007 12:11AM
DO NOT buy a computer from Circuit City, or at least, don't bother purchasing a warranty, because they're terrible about honoring it. I bought my last laptop there (before making the switch from PC to Mac--wish I'd done it sooner!) and had nothing but problems. Avoid them if you can.
June 22, 2007 04:42AM
I bought this one from Best Buy and have been very happy with it, much cheaper than I would have paid in Australia.
I personally like the Apple store there is one on 5th avenue right bye FAO and there is anoher one in SOHO but I have never visited that one ....this is where I get all of my computer needs...keep in mind Apple is pricer than other places but you really get what you pay for!

Your Email:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 24 plus 22?

Online Users

Guests: 9