Rats

Posted by Austin Baird 
Rats
February 24, 2007 08:15AM
Having seen the rats doing their star turn at Taco Bell/KFC in Greenwich Village can I ask contributors what they think the answer to the problem is?

It's said that in New York you're never more than ten yards from a rat and they are becoming increasingly becoming resistant to pesticides.

What I wonder is - why don't the pest contollers shoot them?

Obviously, I can see the downside with NYC becoming some sort of wild-west scene with gun fire going high, wide and not so handsome but what's the answer?

I realise it is not just a New York problem but I do know it doesn't make very good publicity for a city all on here love.
Re: Rats
February 24, 2007 09:23AM
It seems to me that the rat problem in NYC is a classic case of the overlord corporate conspiracy. If "they" wanted the rats begone, the rats would begone.

Consider a world where autos run quiet and clean, oil begone, and rats are stunned or lured, begone. Poison and guns giving way to rat thoughtcontrol or electro/magno/radio wave pulses that fry their tiny little rat brains.

Ah, but for the dark forces.
Oracle?
February 24, 2007 09:46AM
It's really a problem of garbage and litter. If their food supply was eliminated, they'd move on.

You're not serious about arming pest control? That's just what we need, more guns.
February 24, 2007 10:00AM
Arming pest control was rather tongue in cheek but the reasoning behind my question is just what is the answer?
Villagemon has a point - if the powers-that-be wanted an answer to the problem they'd find one. But why is it not seen as an important problem to solve?
And, I agree with your point Oracle about about garbage.
February 24, 2007 05:02PM
The rat video
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2007 05:20PM by askanewyorker.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 9 plus 24?
Online Users

Guests: 14