Moving to the Upper East Side

Posted by vacationinmars 
Moving to the Upper East Side
May 10, 2006 06:12PM
Hey everyone!

I will be moving to Manhattan's Upper East Side by June 1st (we just finalized our apt today!!) and I was curious to find some interesting places to go for like good vegetarian food, a good place for fitness, coffee shops, clubs, bars, shops, etc etc ANYTHING and EVERYTHING! I am a 22 year old who will be graduating from college in California this May.

Thanks for your time!
I enjoyed Butterfield Market on Lexington. www.butterfieldmarket.com

A friend belongs to Asphalt on The Green, which has a great pool. www.asphaltgreen.org

A great breakfast can be had at www.lepainquotidien.com on Madison.
Re: Moving to the Upper East Side
May 12, 2006 08:48PM
My friend is a vegetarian. Her favorite restaurant is Zen Palate with several locations I think. I got her a book on vegetarian restaurants for Chrismtas (well Hannukah for her). Here is the link: [www.amazon.com].

I am a member of NYSC which is nice b.c I can go down by work or up by my house or anywhere in the city really. I like the flexibility. It can be pricy I get a substantial discount through my work so I would check if you can get a discount there.
Re: Moving to the Upper East Side
May 14, 2006 05:13PM
I'm the friend of Salsa's who belongs to Asphalt Green. If you like swimming, this is your place -- the largest indoor pool in Manhattan. Generally very nice facilities. I don't use the gym, but there are three floors. But you should tour all the UES gyms before you commit. I can tell you that most get extraordinarily crowded in the evenings, so I'd suggest comparing them at the time you'd be going to see for yourself.

DTUT (or is it UTDT?) is a popular coffee shop on 2nd Ave. at around 84th-85th. In fact, most of 2nd Ave. in the 70s and 80s is loaded with shops and restaurants that cater to your age group.

Have fun exploring the 'hood.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 8 plus 7?
Online Users

Guests: 16