STUDENT HOUSING

Posted by Andy 
STUDENT HOUSING
April 02, 2006 07:42PM
HeyHeyHey!!

I am writing with a very important issue at hand (for me at least), that being student housing. I am a current college freshman in the Midwest and have been accepted as a transfer student to John Jay College of Criminal Justice. The school has no university housing, and I was wondering where students are supposed to live in New York City??

My family and I have been looking around the city for housing options, and they seem to be scarce. However in a city of 8,000,000 people I find that hard to be reality. Does anyone out there know of places for students to live? What other options are available? Any help you can give would be extremely helpful!!

Thanks,
Andy
Re: STUDENT HOUSING
April 02, 2006 08:47PM
[www.jjay.cuny.edu]

+
+
+
+
stay in NJ to visit NYC --> [www.broadwayfocus.com]
April 03, 2006 09:13PM
^ Thanks for the idea, but that is the original list I've checked thoroughly and there isn't anything available. They are all booked up for fall 2006. Again, in a city of 8 million people there must be more housing available for students. Are there any other places that anyone knows of? Any help is invaluable.

Peace.

-Andy
April 04, 2006 05:01PM
craigslist.org maybe

+
+
+
+
stay in NJ to visit NYC --> [www.broadwayfocus.com]
April 04, 2006 05:31PM
It is not easy, but try Craigslist.org for a sublet apt. Thats the best way for a student. Maybe you will meet somebody in a similar situation at school. Actually, most likely you will. I met a few people willing to share an apt with after school began. I found my place on Craigslist and it has worked out really well so far. Good luck, but just kep in mind that there are tons of students just like you, so ask around campus or post an ad on Craigslist yourself.
April 06, 2006 08:45PM
Thanks alot everyone! I appreciate the help DaveMan
April 08, 2006 06:25PM
How about this. Also for Educational Housing Services you can stay in more than those 2 places they list. Check out their website for others. My friend stayed at the New Yorker Hotel during an internship when she first came to New York, it worked well for her.

[www.studenthousing.org]

[www.ihouse-nyc.org]

Good luck!
April 10, 2006 11:27AM
During an internship I lived at the International House --> www.ihouse-nyc.org
In International House live about 600-700 students and interns from all over the world. For every exchange-student or intern I would recommend the Ihouse!

Denis
February 11, 2008 12:04AM
I am a Real Estate agent I have several sublet apartments available at a reasonable price very nice fully furnished rooms in MANHATTAN BROOKLYN AND LONG ISLAND NEAR THE SUBWAY AS WELL EMAIL ME IF YOUR INTERESTED
February 21, 2008 07:35AM
Here's a very interesting company. My friend Elaine Kwon, see video on home page, is introducing me David Drake an underachieversmiling smiley [www.drakelife.com]
July 04, 2008 09:40PM
I am looking for affordable sublet/share accomodation for may daughter in NYC near Union Sq, from mid sept for ten months. We live in Australia, she is coming to NYC to study
July 05, 2008 09:51AM
It depends on what you mean by affordable, that area can be very expensive. I'm assuming she is coming to NYU, have you contacted the University about student accommodation and is it essential that she lives close to the uni?
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 6 plus 20?
Online Users

Guests: 19