wagamama,hellskitchen,fridays,hard rock etc

Posted by gossip girl 
gossip girl
wagamama,hellskitchen,fridays,hard rock etc
May 29, 2008 01:30PM
hey,
Do you know if wagamama, hells kitchen and other restaurants that are to be found in other countries exist in NY too,and in case,WHERE?
Can you come up with recommendations of good restaurants;italian,chinese,japanese,korean,french,american that are "famous" and well established,and "safe"?-in midtown,manhattan,times square,broadway,soho area. address and NAME would be helpful. and class. I dont want to pay more than 55dollars for a plate.
around 40dollars for maincourse is a decent price to me.
No, those European chains don't generally exist here. And American national chain restaurants are mostly very, very bad. But that's OK - there are so many other good options in NYC!

You do know that $40 for a main course would be considered an expensive restaurant, right? That will let you eat pretty much anywhere. I would check www.zagat.com. That's pretty much the best Web site for NYC restaurant listings. Also, www.nymetro.com.
If you like Wagamama, you'll like Republic. Same thing.

[www.thinknoodles.com]
gossip girl
Re: wagamama,hellskitchen,fridays,hard rock etc
May 29, 2008 04:12PM
oops Red,I actually meant not more than 40dollars,and a decent price would be around 30dollars..but cheaper will do too if the restaurant still can be considered a nice/good restaurantwinking smiley but will I find a good restaurant for 20dollars a maincourse easily?of course I don't want to go for restaurants over 30dollars.. what are normal price of a combined dinner with appetizer,maincourse and dessert?

ok,thanx,Ill check out republic as well.
gossip girl
May 29, 2008 04:17PM
yes youre right oracle,republic looks pretty much like wagamama.. but one thing,I went to the site, and it was actually really cheap. is it true that an udon soup only costs 8bucks? is that a dinner size or lunch? hmm..cheaper than I thought.. in Europe most of the maincourses cost around 25dollars and up.
No, that's standard for an inexpensive casual restaurant.

I never go anywhere that main courses cost more than $20. Most of the places I go, main courses cost $10-12.

Here, $40 is a fancy restaurant - pretty top of the line!
gossip girl
May 30, 2008 03:50AM
ok,good to know.hopefully I wont be broke when I get back from this tripwinking smiley will a threecourse meal be cheap too,like around 40dollars?
ok,since you consider prices around 40dollars a "fancy" restaurant, do you have any recommendations of where I should go?

but another thing, In NY you have to tip everywhere right?like eating, haircut...what more? and how many percent?
Yes, I'd say your average three-course meal at a neighborhood restaurant would be $30-40. Your question is so vague and there are so many thousands of restaurants it's hard to recommend one to you specifically, sorry. Maybe someone else can help out.

You MUST tip waiters (only at sit-down restaurants where they serve you at the table), taxi drivers, and hairdressers. Tip either 15 or 20% depending on whether you like them.
gossip girl
June 04, 2008 02:09PM
but I don't need to tip if the tip is included/already charged on the bill/check..?!
True, but it almost never is that way. Usually only if you're in a group of 6 or more people.
And remember that the amount which is added to the cost of the actual food items is the tax, not a tip...
but isn't the tax always included on the check? do you mean I always have to give tip ..?
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 18 plus 24?
Online Users

Guests: 5