Rent (the musical)

Posted by Felicity 
Rent (the musical)
October 10, 2005 01:07AM
Just wondering what people think of this musical?
I was sent a discount code thru Broadwaybox, and am not sure whether to buy a ticket or not.
Is there much dancing in it?
Kelly M
Re: Rent (the musical)
October 10, 2005 05:40AM
lots of dancing! I liked it. I just saw it for the first time a few months ago.
wolfste_3
October 10, 2005 11:00AM

I loved this musical.

The music is modern - deals with modern themes (i.e., Aids/HIV, people struggling at their jobs, etc).

If you live in the area and want to save money at this, they still have lottery tickets - go stand in line earlier in the day and if they select your name, front row tickets for approx 20 some dollars.

nazza
October 11, 2005 05:48AM
i took my brother from Rome to see Rent 5 years ago and he loved it, although he's not a musical maniac.
very interesting.
October 11, 2005 05:50AM
Best musical I've ever seen (In Holland that is, but the story is very good and it's not as smooth as the average musical)
October 18, 2005 11:38PM
rent is absolutely AMAZING!!!!! i've seen it four times (twice from the front row for $20) and recommend it to anyone from first time broadway to veterans. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT... enjoy! :-)
October 20, 2005 10:38AM
In case this is a factor, the movie RENT starts November 23rd
Red
October 20, 2005 10:58AM
A fun fact if you don't know: Rent is based on the opera "La Boheme," which in turn was based on the 19th century novel "Scenes de la vie Boheme," which was based on an 1849 play, "Bohemians of the Latin Quarter" about artists in Paris.

In the original version, the character with AIDS had tuberculosis.

If you'd like to read the source material for fun, go to:

[home.swbell.net]
October 20, 2005 02:18PM
I knew the first but not the second. Thanks for the website. Saved it in my favorites so I can read it at work when I am not busy. What I read so far is a crack up. Especially regarding the Muses in paragraph 10.
October 20, 2005 07:13PM
I just ordered my ticket, five minutes before I read about the movie! Nevermind, I still really want to go anyway.
Salsa, do you know if Rent opens in Aus in November, or is it just in the US? Maybe I will get to see it on the plane.

The West Australian ballet did an original version of La Boheme a few years ago, which I didn't see, but heard lots of really good things about - maybe it's the story line that works so well. I am definitely looking forward to seeing the new version!
Marea
October 21, 2005 05:30PM
If it's released in the US in November it will most likely be a little later in Australia, sometimes it's a few weeks later and other times a month or two, it depends on when they think the best marketing time is
October 21, 2005 05:45PM
A Nov. 23rd release is timed for the Thanksgiving Weekend. Lots of people here go to the movies then as part of their holiday.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 9 plus 25?
Online Users

Guests: 28