Tudor City?

Posted by Salsa 
Tudor City?
October 05, 2005 10:16AM
Saw this ad at work, where is Tudor City?

Newly renovated studio apartment for rent in Tudor City. Doorman building in great East Side neighborhood. $1,450 per month includes heat and electric. No commission. Immediate occupancy.
Red
Re: Tudor City?
October 05, 2005 10:37AM
Tudor City is a WEIRD inward facing middle income housing complex near the UN. It's generally considered quite nice, though it's strangely self contained and there aren't many residential services in the immediate neighborhood. Lots of UN people.

[www.tudorcity.com]
October 05, 2005 02:09PM
Thanks Red, especially for the website that had the photo. I recall seeing it from my Circle Line cruise. I had never heard of it, and had wondered where on the east side it was.

By inward facing, do you mean like the Dakota which I know has a courtyard in the center, not visable from the outside (unless you were in a helicopter).
October 06, 2005 10:47AM
My friend lives in Tudor City and loves it! All buildings face each other but being high rises are visible if you know where to look. You walk up the hill on 41st and Tudor City is built above 42nd Street by 1st. My friends apt has views of both the Chrysler and the Empire State Building. There are also views of the East River in some apts. There is a small park and some playgrounds. I had never heard of it till she moved there either but I think its a great area.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 20 plus 21?
Online Users

Guests: 13