salary

Posted by Tavares 
Tavares
salary
September 06, 2005 03:28PM
OK I have recently read a comment by Betoracle and he said even a person making 50000 in new york is just getting by is this true ? I sincerely hope not Because I plan to move to New York When I Finish College And will pursue a career as a Web Designer and I looked on salary.com and it said an entry level web designer min new york makes 47,000 will I be alright on that income ? Please Reply.
Re: salary
September 06, 2005 03:32PM
now i dont live in nyc but from what i've figured (and thats by talking to several new yorkers) you should be fine on 47,000. now you cant go shopping at bloomingdales and get a starbucks every single day but you'll be doing better than tuna and spaghetti o's. i think some of these new yorkers need to learn how to budget and quit living like carrie bradshaw (dont i wish!)

Kelly M
September 06, 2005 04:31PM
you'll be fine with 47,000. Like Lindsay says, you won't be living the "high life" or saving a bunch of money, but you'll be fine. when I first moved here I lived alone and made only 37,500. I don't know how I did it, but I did. Lots of people are not even making that much money and seem to be surviving. Get a room-mate, and you will be fine.
September 06, 2005 06:22PM

I just moved here (a month) - and I make close to that salary. So far I am doing fine - lower your expectations a little (i.e., if you want to live in Manhattan, imagine the world's smallest room and call it a 'studio' or plan to have roomates). Once you are here, however, there are free/cheap forms of entertainment such as free museum night, etc.

Also, you may look into ways to supplement your income when you are in the city (a small part time job).

Good luck.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 18 plus 4?
Online Users

Guests: 10