Broadway musicals- bad sight on cheapest seats?

Posted by Eponine 
Broadway musicals- bad sight on cheapest seats?
August 11, 2005 07:14AM
Hello,

I did some research on Broadway musicals and it seems like most musicals charge ticket prices between $ 60- $ 100. I love musicals and would like to see as many as possible when I'm in NY, so I wouldn't be able to afford the most expensive tickets. I know that in London, the cheapest seats are often very bad seats where you can hardly see a thing. Is it the same in NY? I know that TKTS offers half prices on the day of the performance, but I would also like to book some shows in advance.
Betoracle
Re: Broadway musicals- bad sight on cheapest seats?
August 11, 2005 11:49AM
It's the same here, the poor seats cost less. However, there are bargains to be had. I'd prefer to book ahead rather than wait on an endless line at TKTS, with no guarantee that the show you want will even be available there. You can buy discount tickets in advance for many shows via www.broadwaybox.com. The site will direct you to the secure web sites of the exclusive ticket agents to buy ahead. You can elect to have the tickets held at the box office for you.

You can also take a look at different rush and SRO seating options:

[www.playbill.com]

There's a daily lottery for the first row seats at Wicked, which they sell for $25.

Good luck.
Broadwaybox.com just put out the new discounts today.
August 12, 2005 07:45AM
Thanks, I'll still have plenty of time to figure out how Broadwaybox.com exactly works. Seems like a much better alternative than standing in line for hours for a cheaper ticket!
Be sure to sign up for the emails. Especially if what you want does not have a discount. It may come up before you go.

We used Broadwaybox and it worked our great for us.
August 28, 2005 03:45PM
Go see Rent!!! two hours before every show there is a lottery for the first two rows of the theatre, $20 cash per ticket. I have done this twice and it is absolutely amazing, like sitting on the stage! Avoid the lottery on weekends though, very crowded and harder to get. Best early in the week
August 29, 2005 07:04AM
It's very easy to use www.broadwaybox.com - on the right side of your screen you'll see the list of the current shows that offers discounts. click on the show you want to see then you'll get a list of codes with expiration dates. if the date range include your desired date just right it down or copy the code then click the link "click here to buy.." then on the ticket sites you'll have a special box or link to enter your discount code.
Kelly M
August 29, 2005 02:56PM
I went to see Fiddler on the Roof and sat in the very last row. The seats actually weren't THAT bad, but much cheaper than the best seats in the house. I could see the whole stage...just a little farther away.
And everyone was really short.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 8 plus 18?
Online Users

Guests: 11