Cheap accomodation

Posted by Tara Smith 
Cheap accomodation
August 27, 2005 05:00AM
Hello all, im Tara and wonder if you can help me. I live in Birmingham, England. I want to take my son to New York for two weeks, proberly about february. Can you recommend a cheap but clean appartment/or other to stay in? We will be travelling by continental airways which is in Birmingham or the other option is London. When we went to New York last year we stayed at the hotel Pennsylvania, it was lovely but expensive! We want accomodation close to the hotel where we stayed, or times square, all around that area. Do you know or can recommend a place, much appreciated & Thank You for your time...Tara.
Sweet Caroline.
Re: Cheap accomodation
August 28, 2005 12:16AM
You should check out Portland Square Hotel. Right off Times Square.
[www.portlandsquarehotel.net]
August 28, 2005 05:28AM
You could also try the Broadway Plaza Hotel. It is located on Broadway and 27th. That is a little south of where you were interested in, but a great area near the Flatiron District and Chelsea. I have had friends stay there and the rooms are very spacious and reasonably priced.
August 28, 2005 06:26AM
Thank You Caroline i will check this out.
August 28, 2005 06:29AM
Thanks Courtney never heard of these places, but will look in to it.
Kelly M
August 28, 2005 07:47AM
also see the home page here on this site, under the A List feature for more recommended hotels. Herald Sq. Hotel may be a good choice for you.
August 28, 2005 03:05PM
The Newton Hotel is on the Upper West side on Broadway and 95th Street. It gets good reviews, especially for value. It is in a safe residential neighborhood with close by shops and good moderately priced restaurants. It is one block from the subway which can get you to midtown in 10 minutes and most anywhere in Manhattan in 30 minutes.

[www.thehotelnewton.com]

[www.tripadvisor.com]
August 29, 2005 03:22PM
Thank You 4 your reply. Much appreciated!
August 29, 2005 03:23PM
Thank You Kelly i will check it out.
Gemma
August 30, 2005 06:00AM
I am travelling to NY in September and after having no luck at all with finding an affordbale hotel we are going with a company called www.affordablenewyorkcity.com and staying in an apartment. I know a couple of other companies do this that are mentioned in the rough guide so it might be worth popping into a bookshop to write down the names.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 9 plus 21?
Online Users

Guests: 8