Brooklyn, NY

Posted by KW 
iN nEeD oF a MeSAGe
Re: Brooklyn, NY
May 06, 2008 12:46PM
I WOULD LIKE TO TREAT MY VERY PREGNANT FRIEND TO A NICE RUB DOWN SOMEWHERE REASONABLE PRICE AND IN BROOKLYN N E ONE WITH A SUGGESTION PLEASE AND THANKYOU
Danielle
May 06, 2008 05:08PM
Sarah,

I live in Prospect Heights. The corner you mentioned - Franklin & St Johns is technically in Crown Heights, not P Heights. CH is a well known neighborhood but may be dicey for a single female (if that's your situation). That said, its in major transition and new development is incoming each day. If you are planning on living there long term you'll be in the cat seat (literally every nabe in 'Brownstone Brooklyn' area has gone through this period in the past 10 years). Only you can decide if you feel comfortable (by walking around the perimeter of the nabe day/night). If you want a bottom line answer, it wouldn't be by first choice if all I knew about the place was the street address.
Meg
August 30, 2008 09:54PM
Hello,

I am a 25 year old single white female and have recently relocated to NY and just moved into an apartment in Bensonhurst. I am a bit uncertain about the area, especially at night, however, and am seeking people's opinion. I'm near Bay Parkway and 66th (close to the N train). Is this area ok at night? Also, the N train seems to be down a lot on weekends, forcing me to take the F train. How safe is it to walk at night in this area to the F train? Can anyone offer their advice?

Thank you very much!
September 13, 2008 05:57PM
Is Brooklyn or Queens safer, cheaper? What about the Bronx?
Red
September 13, 2008 06:47PM
Each of those boroughs is so huge you can't generalize about safety. Brooklyn, Queens and the Bronx all have nice neighborhoods and nasty neighborhoods. You really just need to talk neighborhood by neighborhood.
June 17, 2009 07:31PM
Hi, I am considering to accept a job in Prospect Heights, Brooklyn. is it a safe area? Thank you very much
July 10, 2011 05:46PM
Hey I'm thinking about moving to Brooklyn or astoria but I'm looking for a safe area bc I'm a 23 year old female alone but I also need the studio or 1 bedroom to be max 850 a month is it possible...
October 21, 2011 07:24PM
I like this blog...I am a college student and I am looking at Brooklyn to be where I buy my first place or rent my first apartment. I need to be able to get to JFK airport easily from where I might live in order to go to work. What neighborhoods do you suggest that are inexpensive and close to Queens??
bnevgi
November 15, 2011 12:27AM
Hello,

I am moving to Brooklyn for work in few days, and wanted to know if these areas safe??
Boerum Hill,
Brooklyn Heights,
Cobble Hill,
Downtown Brooklyn,
DUMBO,
Vinegar Hill,
Brighton Beach,
Manhattan Beach and
Sheepshead Bay
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 13 plus 17?
Online Users

Guests: 4