Banking

Posted by lm4883 
Banking
July 01, 2005 03:00AM
I am moving to NYC in August and was wondering what is the best bank to have? I currently bank at a local bank that doesn't have any locations or ATM's in New York. I have seen Commerce Bank and Bank of America in the city (among others). I just wanted to get some input on the best banks in Manhattan (in terms of their operating hours, fees, and ATM locations).

Also, I am planning on living in the Murray Hill, Chelsea or Gramercy area, if that helps.
KM!
Re: Banking
July 01, 2005 08:45AM
I'm very happy with Washington Mutual. Plenty of ATM locations. The bank has a very relaxed professional atmoshere. Recently regarding a possible idenity breech, which I was unaware of, they contacted me reissued my ATM card, avoiding any potential problem. Knock on wood. Welcome to New York!
July 05, 2005 11:37PM
Thanks! smiling smiley I'll check that out. I was also thinking about Commerce Bank. Has anyone had any experience with them??
July 06, 2005 08:14AM
Nope I have Chase Manhattan and I am very pleased with them. I work downtown so their headquarters are a block away. I would say very important is that they have a branch close to your work. I know that it seems (to me) that Citibank and Chase have the most locations. If you wait a bit they usually send you stuff to persuade you to join. I got $50 from Chase but its better than nothing. smiling smiley
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 12 plus 19?
Online Users

Guests: 13