Cloister's

Posted by Joanne 
Cloister's
July 04, 2005 01:46AM
Hi,

I was wondering if the Cloister's would be considered a "must see" when my friend and I visit New York City this summer.

I would appreciate your opinion as our time is limited (8 days). I have heard very good things and I am very interested in going, but my friend is a bit hesitant.

Hope to hear from you soon,
Joanne from Canada
Re: Cloister's
July 04, 2005 08:21AM
They're nice, but I wouldn't classify them as a must see for a trip to NYC. spend your time exploring the city and do that trip another time. there is plenty to do in the city, you won't be bored.
Betoracle
July 04, 2005 08:44AM
If you admire medieval art, don't miss the Cloisters. It's also a nice little getaway with lovely views of the Hudson.
July 04, 2005 10:58PM
I am not really into medieval art, but I was facinated by the Cloisters. It is a favorite memory of my first visit to New York. The view of the Hudson is worth it, as is the walk through the park. Wear good walking shoes for going down the steep rocky steps.
July 05, 2005 12:28AM
Thanks....it sounds like a great place to visit at some point, either this visit or another time.

Another question...is there a night club that plays rock and roll. A fun evening out for 2 females (late 40's) to go?
July 05, 2005 02:16AM
A fun place that plays some rock and roll is The Back Fence on Bleeker Street, I think it's on the corner of Thompson Street or somewhere near there anyway. It is one of the original old Greenwich Village places from the 60s and 70s. They have live music every night but the better bands are on Fridays and Saturdays, I'm in my late 40s as are many of my friends who I have taken there and we all had a great time.
July 05, 2005 08:54AM
Great thanks....we'll try it.

Is it a safe place to walk to in the evening....is it a good idea to take a cab back to our appt if it's late?
July 05, 2005 09:09AM
Bleeker St is perfectly safe at night, there are lots of clubs, bars and restaurants there, it depends on where you are staying as to whether to get a cab or the subway, I have caught the subway from 4th St to 23rd St many times late at night or in the early hours of the morning.
July 05, 2005 10:03PM
My friend and I are thinkingto go to BB Kings for Harlem Gospel Singers...is their anyone who has been there?

Our other choice, of course is to take the Harlem tour which includes the Harlem Gospel Singers. We can't decide which to do. We welcome your comments/recommendations.
Hostel's
July 05, 2005 10:38PM
My daughter is going to New York City in July....is their any recommendations out there or warnings?

She is thinking the Time Square Hostel or the Chelsea Hostel. We would appreciate any help.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 1 plus 23?
Online Users

Guests: 4