NYC visitor

Posted by maggo 
NYC visitor
July 07, 2004 06:13PM
I'm visiting New York City next week, and i'm terribly excited. I'm going with my mom, but we plan to have loads of fun. I'm 25 and we want to experience as much as possible in a 4 day trip. We'll be staying in Times Square, and want to get around mostly by walking. do you have any suggestions for us? I love art, music, food, and beverages. We are definitely going to see a show on broadway....could you please give us more suggestions of what to do?????

thanks a ton, emily
Kelly
Re: NYC visitor
July 07, 2004 06:55PM
there are so many things you should do.
If the weather is nice, definately spend some time in Central Park, and go to the Boathouse for a drink.
Millions of things to do...take a tour of the Fed, see [www.rivertorivernyc.com]

if you like the band Fountains of Wayne, they'll play a free show on the 13th, see:
[www.rivertorivernyc.com]

or, the band Old 97s (they are really good but not so well known):
[www.rivertorivernyc.com]

take a walking tour! Greenwich Village would be fun!
see [www.bigonion.com]

Also, the Bryant Park movies are a lot of fun....get a picnic together and a bottle of wine and watch a movie in the park.
BRYANT PARK SUMMER FILM FESTIVAL

When: Monday nights at dusk- around 8:00 pm, beginning in June
Where: Bryant Park (40th Street and 6th Avenue)
What: This is a series of free, outdoor, classic movie screenings, playing on Monday nights throughout the summer months in Bryant Park, Manhattan. In the rare event that it rains, films are screened at sunset the following night.
July
5 All The President's Men (1976)
12 Cat Ballou (1965) 96min
19 Dial M for Murder (1954) 105min
26 Love Story (1970) 99min

also, see [www.newyorkled.com]

go shopping, see a play, go to dinner (see FAQ page of this site for a few recommendations. There is a lot to keep you busy.
Krissi
July 08, 2004 11:43AM
Really, there are so many things to do, it totally depends on your interests. Walking is, as always, the best way to see the city. However, everyone seems to enjoy the two-tiered buses to get an idea of the city, and then picking an area you'd like to see more of.
!!!!
July 09, 2004 02:33PM
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 1 plus 8?
Online Users

Guests: 12