knockoff purses

Posted by Sandra 
Re: knockoff purses
May 09, 2008 08:58AM
I was in Chinatown a few weeks ago (April 2008)...apparently there had been a raid in the not-to-distant past...several storefronts on Canal St were shuttered and marked with bright orange notification stickers indicating the the businesses were shut down for "copyright infringement". Nonetheless, everywhere you walked, women were touting "Gucci, D&B, Dolce" - you couldn't walk 10 feet without being solicited.

A recent PBS special reported that while fake handbags are the most visible fakes being marketed, there are fakes of anything you can imagine, made in the most shoddy way possible. For example, they showed a pill factory which was making pills from ground up paint pigment and oils, in someone's backyard. When they were done, the result was indistinguishable from the real thing (blister packs, packaging, etc.). I don't remember what the drug was but it was somthing popular and common. The point here (and with other fake drugs) was that not only was it fake, but it was poisonous.
May 19, 2008 04:47AM
love canal street. tons of fun! can't wait to go back & get some purses~as well as my tiffanys. =)
There is a store in Juneau called Alaskan Dames; it's a used clothing store, in other words Consignment Shop. A good friend of mine was telling me (so happily) about a purse she had gotten for Mother's day from her boyfriend, in which knows NOTHING about designer purses and what their worth. Well, turns out he paid $147 for something that was a KNOCK OFF. The person who brought the purse in KNEW it was a fake and STILL took the money they made off of it?? Shady! And shame on Alaskan Dames for selling that fake ass purse to a good paying customer!

DON'T GIVE YOUR MONEY TO ALASKAN DAMES!
May 29, 2008 01:56AM
Ask yourself: What happens to the money I pay for the knockoff item? ? ?
June 16, 2008 11:53AM
Interesting article! I always love reading articles about knock offs. I am with a company called Purse Party Inc. We do not sell knock offs, but just trends affordable bags and jewelry. If anyone is interested you can view our products online at www.purseparty.com/amber

Thanks!
nikki
July 26, 2008 07:29PM
My thoughts exactly. If the designers want to make some of that "70 million" back they should lower the prices so normal people can sport the fashions too.
October 24, 2008 03:19AM
dolce latte Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi there, read "Gomorrah" by Roberto Saviani it
> will explain how it works and you will be
> completely shocked! It will explain it all!

Plus you learn that the REAL (not fakes) of Italian fashion, like Gucci, are manufactured in factories run or controlled by Camorra, the Naples mafia.
January 05, 2009 10:50AM
You know, maybe if these designers would price them so the average hard working but stylish woman could afford them, they wouldn't be dealing with this right now. Greed is an ugly thing and that's why we contribute to these ladies who are just trying to live the American dream. I will continue to buy as long as I can.
February 03, 2009 06:22AM
Can someone tell me if they are interested in selling knockoffs with me or supplying? I am in Norwell, Mass
May 29, 2009 01:17PM
I'm am looking to buy some knockoff purses where is canal street what part of New York if I was going to fly there what City would I fly into . And where is china town which place is the best to buy knockoffs.
August 17, 2009 05:51AM
New York City's Canal Street is the holy grail for bargain shoppers - especially when it comes to knockoff (or wait...could some of them be real?) watches, accessories and handbags. The pulse of Manhattan's Chinatown, Canal Street is always crowded and often dirty, but man, can you find a deal.

Before you head downtown to do some (possibly shady) business, bone up on what it takes to get the good stuff:

[www.allny.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2009 05:53AM by askanewyorker.
August 20, 2009 01:03AM
Seriously. Our taxes are paying for cops to bust women buying purses in their own home, when around the corner there's a drug deal going on. Pathetic.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 10 plus 17?
Online Users

Guests: 9