knockoff purses

Posted by Sandra 
dolce latte
Re: knockoff purses
January 14, 2008 11:23PM
Hi there, read "Gomorrah" by Roberto Saviani it will explain how it works and you will be completely shocked! It will explain it all!
January 15, 2008 11:14PM
we supply top quality replica designer handbags from China.

Wholesale or Retailer are ok.please email to cnreplica@gmail.com to get more information.
February 26, 2008 05:08PM
I just saw on NY1 the following report. A chinese bystander said the following...

"What do you think people come down here for, the food?'smiling smiley

[www.ny1.com]

It was a huge raid today on these counterfeit bags in chinatown on canal st.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2008 05:13PM by askanewyorker.
February 28, 2008 06:06AM
March 06, 2008 09:15AM
I was recently in NYC on canal street and saw a woman with many bags of purses. I asked her where she got them all and she said "In the warehouse district" where is the warehouse district?
March 06, 2008 01:56PM
Ok, this might make me seem like an idiot, but....
Why is it illegal to sell the "knock off" bags? Is it illegal to own a "knock off bag"? If you buy one canal st is that bad? I have been to canal st and have been pestered to "come see inside", but i really have no interest. but in may i will be visiting NYC with a friend who would LOVE to shop for "knock offs". I am confused? I mean, if you KNOW you are purchasing a fake, isn't it ok?
-rachel
April 05, 2008 07:38AM
I love all the ethical, trademark people here.. Buy the purses on Canal St. They're a deal. Anyone that says you can spot the difference is wrong. No way. They've done studies and comparisons, you will not be able to tell.. Maybe if they lowered their rip off prices people would buy the real deal but, in the meantime, someone is doing a real nice job at a very cheap price. I bought a Canal Coach and people out west go nuts over it.. I also bought a very real high $$ coach and it doesnt even get noticed.. You cant' go wrong for the prices...
April 07, 2008 12:25PM
Here's what I've learned (by reading online) about knockoffs...

It's not illegal to buy or own, but it is illegal to sell.

I see this thread started a few years ago. There have been crackdowns since. I have heard (but don't know directly) that bags are not sold quite so openly on Canal St. anymore.

I see knockoffs pretty often at flea markets, mall kiosks in the suburbs, and mom & pop stores in big cities - but usually they are CLEARLY fakes - i.e., "LV" becomes "LW" and "D&B" becomes "B&D". I don't think these are strictly "knockoffs" since they are not EXACT copies. The sellers are clearly running under radar in temporary set-ups, and are always non-English speaking.

I have attended "purse parties" which is basically a guy from NYC bringing his merchandise to your home (our soccer team did it as a fund raiser! our cut was 15%!) - there were clearly knockoffs - labeled "authentic" - he claimed they were returns & factory rejects. A close examination revealed large stiches, poor stiching, sometimes no linings; so at first glance they look like the real thing.

I see lots of women in Philly with faux-LV bags; they look great when new but the leather(?) is thin and after a few weeks the bag just sags and looks pretty sorry.

For what it's worth...
April 08, 2008 07:51PM
Buying gasoline supports terrorism in many forms - not just the fundamentalist jihadist either; do dome research into Shell Oil in Africa and you will find that they are responsible for hiring terrorist to scare people off of land they do not want to pay for - so are also supposed to quit buying gasoline ?
April 10, 2008 11:31AM
daycee..interesting comment (faux purses support terrorism) - I would agree that in some instances oil does support terrorism BUT do you really think that people need fake designer purses the same way they need gas or home heating oil???
T
April 14, 2008 01:18PM
thumbs upVery interesting story, but I third the comment on the officials! still very interesting to read!
May 04, 2008 12:59AM
Replica handbags supporting terrorism is the only thing that is fake in this thread. There is no guilt in bargain hunting. Many of these bags are not only sold in Chinatown but manufactured there also. They are made by talented Chinese women living and working in New York City. They get paid by the piece and keep theselves as busy as they need to be. The purse party coordinators may be stealing from the govt. by not paying taxes but the designers are stealing from its' citizens by charging these exorbitant retail prices. I am absolutely sure that an industry couterfeiting a product must have organized crime ties but lets be real what industry does'nt? But terrorism? These designers are digging a little too deep to guilt people.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2008 01:03AM by (n/a).
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 5 plus 24?
Online Users

Guests: 6