Garbage for sale!!??

Posted by Lisa 
Garbage for sale!!??
May 26, 2004 01:41PM
Got this link in from my Best Bets news letter and I was wondering if anyone actually bought this stuff!
[www.nycgarbage.com]
If anyone wants some Rotterdam garbage, I'd be happy to box it up and ship over to you ;O)
PT
Re: Garbage for sale!!??
May 26, 2004 02:16PM
Packaging 101. Well after how many $$$$$of dollars he payed The School of Visual Arts? One does need to pay back loans. A novel idea? Not really. And people will pay for a piece of the big apple no matter what it is!!!
PT
May 26, 2004 02:17PM
Thanks for sharing, Lisa!
May 26, 2004 02:39PM
....just my luck. The bin men have been today otherwise I would have been quids in !
Oracle
May 26, 2004 02:50PM
Thanks, Lisa. Now, why didn't I think of that? I think he's brilliant, hope he makes lots of $$$.

It reminded me of a NY collage I made to commemorate a friend's first -- and fabulous -- New York trip. I covered the inside of a lucite box frame with a subway map, then attached everything. Because of a bit of sound advice I gave that she chose to ignore, the highlight was a pair of teeny Barbie-sized stilleto heels in a red circle with a big red line through them. And, of course, subway tokens, little taxis, matchbooks from the restaurants we went to, theater ticket stubs, and a bunch of other stuff I can't remember. Anyway, it was a hit, and is a great conversation piece that's in her office.
May 26, 2004 03:24PM
I couldn't believe it when I saw it. The website is damn good though, shame the content is so strange!
May 26, 2004 03:25PM
LMAO! And I was in the mood for some oil bottles and orange peelings for my lounge....will have to rummage through the neighbours bins instead now!
May 26, 2004 03:26PM
The collage sounds great, a really nice way to commemorate something special.
KM
May 26, 2004 04:35PM
Oracle,
Let's take that idea and attach all those hip icons to the out side if a pocket book? Whadya say and sell them right here? smiling smiley
May 26, 2004 05:58PM
He rocks! Justin obviously thinks outside of the "box". You are right Lisa, great website. Will have to show my artist daughter later at home. Father's Day gift you think, as in don't you want to go back, hint, hint!
May 26, 2004 10:52PM
Great website Lisa, so innovative. There are so many raw materials out there too, I'm glad someone's picking up some of the garbage off the streets, I still can't come to terms with the litter on the streets in New York.
May 27, 2004 02:40AM
What an absolutely brilliant present! Now, one (it may seem silly!) question. What's a pocketbook ?Is it what we would call a purse, that you keep your money in ? Remember..I'm British!!!!!!!!
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 5 plus 8?
Online Users

Guests: 8