Garbage for sale!!??

Posted by Lisa 
Oracle
Re: Garbage for sale!!??
May 27, 2004 09:03AM
Same thing.
May 27, 2004 09:09AM
I emailed Justin yesterday and am pasting his reply below. Sounds like a nice guy! Justin if you are still following this thread, jump in and answer some questions. The more the merrier on this site, especially if you have a great answer to something. By the way, there is lots of apt. advice here.

Rita, thanks for checking out my site. I'm glad you got a kick out of
it. I checked out Askanewyorker.com and I love it!!! What a great
resource. I'm glad I know about it now. I might have to ask a new
yorker something. (hmmmm. . .i need a new apt) Anyway, I think it's
hilarious you are thinking about giving it as a Fathers Day gift
because I actually did that. He loved it. Unfortunately, it wasn't a
surprise since he already knew I made these. It'll probably go over
better for you.
Thanks for spreading the word on Askanewyorker and thanks for the
email. I'll keep an eye out for your order.

--->justin
Oracle
May 27, 2004 02:50PM
Justin, we're spreading your word! I sent a link to your site to my mailing list, and have gotten great feedback, everyone loves it! I sent it out with the subject heading of Why Didn't I Think of This!

Anyway, we've got a big flat screen in our reception area, and CNN just ran the story on you!!! Congratulations, you're a genius! If I see you on the street I'll certainly say hi.
Oracle
May 27, 2004 03:00PM
KM... I missed your note before. What a great idea! Let's talk about this. Can you come to lunch tomorrow?
May 27, 2004 04:21PM
look at all this commotion. I can't believe I caused all of this. Thank you thank you thank you for all of the emails and orders. It's amazing how this has surged again in the past two days.

I started getting emails yesterday morning about the garbage and had no idea why. Someone finally clued me in to the Best Bets email. And then CNN tracked me down this afternoon. I still can't believe it.

Oracle, that's really funny that you managed to see it in your lobby too. I'm following you. What newspaper do you read? I'll see if I can get in there tomorrow.

Thanks again everybody. I'm already a fan of this site. If anyone knows of where to find a cheap studio or 1BR in the city let me know. And if you guys have any questions I'd be happy to answer them. Thanks for spreading the word.

-->justin
Oracle
May 27, 2004 04:27PM
Justin, we're having lunch at noon tomorrow at Burger Heaven on 49th St., just east of 5th Ave.

Join if you can.
May 27, 2004 05:11PM
KM & Oracle you for sure need to make those "pocket books". Yes Karen, that is an old fashioned word that has always stayed in vogue in New York City. Elsewhere in the country we say purse. I think they still say handbag too. Philly is the same. My friend Sharon will say "Just let me grab my pocket book, and I will run to the market with you".

I say "I'll grab my purse, and we'll run to the store". She has a few more things we love to tease her on, but can't recall at the moment. Oh yeah, that Pennsylvania way of saying water.
Justin, I forgot to tell you...
May 27, 2004 05:18PM
You need to set up a PayPal account and your business will go much more smoothly. You can say "I accept PayPal and Money Orders". I use it on ebay and I find I sell more stuff, and the majority of people pay via PayPal.
Thanks Rita--I actually do use paypal and you're right, its great. Makes everything much easier. When I was in college my parents sometimes used it to send me money and it was so much easier than a check, or even worse, western union. I don't make any mention of paypal on my main page but it says it on my order page.
May 27, 2004 05:28PM
Thanks for the invite. I would love to but I have a late meeting here at work. We'll have to figure out some other time.
October 01, 2007 10:36AM
Irish garbage for sale
[www.nycgarbage.com]
November 14, 2013 05:08PM
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 10 plus 11?
Online Users

Guests: 8