Safe for Woman walking late Night in Chelsea/Cab options

Posted by nytourist200 
Safe for Woman walking late Night in Chelsea/Cab options
July 18, 2012 02:16PM
I've been to NYC quite a few times but never by myself. I am staying in Chelsea and plan to bar hop around the neighborhood one evening. I believe that the most popular bar areas are a block or so from my hotel on 23rd. I am a female in my mid 30s. My question is, is it safe for me to walk alone back to my hotel around 1-2 am? I realize that you can't just call taxis, you have to hail them and it seems silly to take one just a block or I'm not sure how available they are that time of night anyway? Any advice would be appreciated!
Re: Safe for Woman walking late Night in Chelsea/Cab options
July 18, 2012 07:36PM
Statistically, it's very safe. I would still stick to busy streets rather than deserted side streets. And always be aware of who's around you. I go home alone at all hours, and have never had a problem <knock wood!>, but several times I've gotten into a taxi and told the driver I thought someone was following me, and asked him to take me down the block and wait until I got in my building. In other words, don't be intimidated, have a great time, but take care of yourself.

I'll add that when you're hitting the bars, it's a good idea to never leave your drink unattended.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 3 plus 25?
Online Users

Guests: 5