Taking a friend to lunch at the United Nations

Posted by jackienyc 
Taking a friend to lunch at the United Nations
July 14, 2012 01:04AM
I have friends coming to NYC from France for a vacation. I would like to know if it's a good idea to take them to lunch at the United Nations. I have heard that there is a UN dining room, with fantastic views, that is open to the public. Has anyone been there? If so, what's it like?
Re: Taking a friend to lunch at the United Nations
July 14, 2012 05:02AM
Never been,not sure about the viewssmiling smiley

The Dining Room is only open for lunch, but the sumptuous international buffet is well worth the trouble of fighting Midtown midday traffic to get to the U.N. Because it is in a well-monitored area, the Dining Room is not a favorite of most secret agents, however, Kitty and Mr. X can frequently be seen sipping a vin blanc together and not talking shop!
The Delegates' Dining Room is open from 11:30-2:30, Monday through Friday, and is closed on major U.S. holidays. For reservations, telephone (212) 963-7625For reservations, telephone (212) 963-7625

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2012 05:12AM by askanewyorker.
July 14, 2012 10:29AM
Thanks for your message and the phone number. I think I'll try it!
July 14, 2012 04:45PM
I've never eaten in the Delegates Dining Room, but a friend says it's a lovely place. Please report back after your lunch.
Tried to make reservation for next week but was told, that they reopen maybe in april 2013.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 3 plus 11?
Online Users

Guests: 2