The Langham Bldg

Posted by Giulia_TheCity 
The Langham Bldg
June 18, 2012 08:39AM
Hello,

I would like to receive an information if you can. As far as you know, are the renovation works at the Langham on Central Park West finished? the most recent version of street view on Google Earth shows the whole facade of the building covered with scaffoldings. But this may be from months ago, maybe still in 2011, I'm not sure.

I'll be in NY at the end of July and i'm really interested in the architecture of these buildings, Dakota, Majestic, San Remo, El Dorado, Century and so on.

Anybody knows?
Re: The Langham Bldg
June 18, 2012 09:42AM
I can't answer your question, but I wanted to say that I'm also a fan of that Central Park West skyline. If you don't already know about The City Review site, here's a link. Scroll down a ways and you'll find the Central Park West section, with links to articles about those fabulous buildings.

[www.thecityreview.com]

If you're planning to photograph the CPW skyline, you might also have a look at one of my favorite skylines -- across Central Park at the Pierre and Sherry-Netherland Hotels. The best view is from the 4th floor of the Time-Warner Building at Columbus Circle.
June 18, 2012 10:02AM
Yes, thank you very much for the website and the tidbit about the view from the Time Warner!!!
June 21, 2012 03:09PM
I believe the Langham and the other buildings you mention are all designated landmarks. You can find information about them on the NYC Landmark Preservation Commission's site:

[www.nyc.gov]

Enjoy your trip!
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 11 plus 25?
Online Users

Guests: 5