Getting to MH at night.

Posted by Hugo Botha 
Getting to MH at night.
November 27, 2011 01:50PM
Hi all.

I arrive at JFK at 21:30, and need to get to my cheap hotel in Chinatown. However, I am somewhat concerned regarding safety. If I take the subway to Canal st, will I be able to find a cab easy enough for the last bit of the ride, given that it will be late??

Thanks so much
Re: Getting to MH at night.
November 27, 2011 02:57PM
If you care to share the name/address of your hotel, I'd be happy to help you with directions.
November 27, 2011 03:38PM
Hi there,

Thanks so much, it's the Sun Bright at 140 Hester st in Chinatown-Little Italy...
November 27, 2011 04:11PM
The good news is that it's an easy trip. Take the Airtrain to Sutphin Blvd., where you connect to the subway. You want the Manhattan-bound E train. Get off at West 4th Street and transfer for either the Downtown B or D, and get off at Grand Street. Your hotel is two short blocks from there.

I wouldn't worry about safety at that hour, but I would ride in the middle subway car of the E, where the conductor is, only because the rest of the train is likely to be pretty empty then. Once you're in Manhattan, the subways are busy at all hours.

Now for the bad news! Have you read the reviews of the Sun Bright? It looks like the only reason it gets 1* is because Tripadvisor doesn't have a 0* option. Seriously, I wouldn't stay there for an hour, let alone staying for a vacation.

[www.tripadvisor.com]
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 2 plus 18?
Online Users

Guests: 5