Movie and dinner

Posted by askanewyorker 
Movie and dinner
November 16, 2011 06:16AM
[www.nitehawkcinema.com]

How Things Work At Nitehawk
We are a new cinema that offers an experience like no other in New York. We have a street-level neighborhood cafe where you can enjoy cocktails or gourmet concessions anytime. In addition, we feature table-side food service inside our three theaters for each film.

We ask that you arrive 30-45 minutes before the showtime to get the best seat and place your order before the feature presentation. We provide an interesting preshow experience featuring local artists and filmmakers prior to the feature. Please hold on to your tickets as your server will check for your ticket at your seat.

After your initial order is placed during our preshow, there is paper and pencil at each table to write down any further orders during the feature presentation. It’s a basic flag system, just write down whatever you need and post it up in front of you. A server will come by and pick up your order. Towards the end of the film your server will come by to see if you need anything else, drop off your tab and take care of it before the credits roll.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2011 06:30AM by askanewyorker.
Re: Movie and dinner
November 19, 2011 07:06AM
we went to nitehawk cinema in williamsburg, brooklyn last night, and I must say it was pretty cool. the way they operate, bringing you (really good) food during the movie doesn't disturb anything. the theaters are comfortable, and they have really good movies playing there. even the stuff they show on screen while you are waiting for the movie to start is cool, not the usual stuff you see at the movies. what a great place, love it, will definately go back
KT
November 19, 2011 11:01AM
This sounds an interesting concept. I'm one of those that hates it when people bring in food from the concessions stands and starts to eat smelly nachos and unwrap very noisy sweets though! How are the tables arranged around the screen? I'm assuming it's not the usual cinema style seating?
November 21, 2011 05:42AM
KT,
It actually works very well. I'm in the same camp re: extra cirricular chewing,eating sounds.The set up: they have three theaters 30,60,90 seaters and each theater has a proper table in front of every two seats. There's enough room in front of the seats for the waiters to quitley and I must say thoughtfully deliever food,take further orders(u do this by leaving your order slip visable in a slip on the table) The crowd is a respectful a wee different from the gen movie going at local theaterssmiling smiley
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 11 plus 5?
Online Users

Guests: 6