Breakfast !

Posted by Neil Robertson 
Breakfast !
November 12, 2011 08:04AM
Hi, in NY with the family from Scotland (daughters 21st!!) and looking for somewhere to have a nice breakfast Preferably around Times Sq area or up toward Central Park. Thanks!! smiling smiley
Re: Breakfast !
November 12, 2011 09:30AM
Lots of choices. One of my favorites is the Belgian chain, Le Pain Quotidien. They don't serve a cooked American breakfast, but have the best pastries and coffee. They have several nearby locations you can look up on menupages.com, but I know there's one at 58th St. and 7th Ave. My favorite breakfast at LPQ is a bowl of coffee and a simple buttered baguette....delicious!
[www.lepainquotidien.us]

For a big American breakfast, I recommend the Brooklyn Diner on 57th Street. It's very touristy, but they do a nice breakfast that will last you until dinner!
[www.brooklyndiner.com]

Also on 57th is Norma's, if you feel like an expensive treat. Have a look at their menu:
[www.parkermeridien.com]

There are also coffee shops (diners) on every block. Or just grab a coffee and pastry from the ubiquitous food carts lining every street, and head for the park. (Avoid the bagels from those street carts though, they're just bagel shaped white bread!)
November 13, 2011 07:45AM
Thanks Oracle. I'll get to at least one of them!
November 16, 2011 12:21AM
Try the Skylight Diner on the corner of W34 9th.

It's a little bit off the beaten track, but it's a proper 24 hour good old fashioned Diner
November 21, 2011 04:46AM
Neil, you have to go to Norma's. This is not open for discussion. You have to go. The food is sublime. The coffee is out of this world and don't get me started on their fresh orange juice, smoothies or homemade peach jam. But you will need to book. Really, I can't emphasise this enough!!! Another option my fiancé has offered is to have a steak and egg sandwich at Grand Central Station smileys with beer

Was once van Mullem, am now just Cozz!
November 21, 2011 05:44AM
Normas

Don't forget the burger behind the curtain in the lobbysmiling smiley One of the best in the city. A total departure from the modern vibe>>>>>

[www.parkermeridien.com]

The Scene – Around a curtained corner in the posh Le Parker Meridien, a neon burger sign points the way to the city's secret obsession. Suits, tourists and foodies pack this crowded hole-in-the-wall, where names are etched into walls next to kid's drawings and movie posters. Even though it's decorated like a regular's hangout, no one sticks around--the few coveted booths are hovered over shamelessly. – – The Food – So what if orders are taken quickly and strung from a flimsy clothesline--the system works, and you better not slow it down. Thankfully, a succinct menu…

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2011 06:09AM by askanewyorker.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 1 plus 11?
Online Users

Guests: 5