21 yr old girl commuting to new york for a week from nj for bussiness

Posted by jersey to new york 
im a 21 yr old girl going to nyc for the first time for a week for bussiness im so nervous i will be there from 9 to 6 for one week straight i plan to go to penn station and catch a cab from penn too 7w 22nd street i have a few questions

1. is it hard getting a cab from penn going there
and going home is it hard getting a cab back ?

2. im not fimiliar with penn station at all what are simple ways to get the correct train and no where im going

3. will i be safe
Re: 21 yr old girl commuting to new york for a week from nj for bussiness
October 23, 2011 12:03AM
You should not have a problem getting a cab at all.

I have never felt unsafe while in NYC, especially in Manhattan. Just use your common sense, no daydreaming while walking, hand on your purse, etc. Same as in any other downtown.

Be adventurous and have a great time. You are not to far from The Highline. Try to make it over. Since you don't start until 9:00 a morning walk on it would be a great way to start the day. Google images for it and check it out. Here is the website. [www.thehighline.org]
October 23, 2011 07:51AM
Is there some reason you are taking a cab and not the subway like millions of other commuters from NJ?

+
+
+
+
stay in NJ to visit NYC --> [www.broadwayfocus.com]
October 23, 2011 10:44AM
It's very easy to take the subway. You'll want the Downtown #1 to 23rd St., which leaves you a couple of blocks from your address. But it's a short distance and you could also easily walk, it'll take you about 15 minutes.

If you are taking a taxi, go to the taxi line on the 7th Ave. side of Penn Station, which heads downtown.

It's not difficult to find the correct train, the track numbers are posted. And there are always thousands of people right there, just ask whoever is standing next to you.
October 24, 2011 09:53AM
Follow Oracles good advice. You will love walking in NY.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 3 plus 15?
Online Users

Guests: 9