Spanish Harlem?

Posted by Michele 
Spanish Harlem?
September 13, 2011 09:20PM
I am being offered an LPN job in Spanish Harlem. All my life I have always lived less then 5 miles from my jobs, for easy OT commute. My parents are wary of me moving to Harlem, so i was looking into Jersey somewhere. What would any one of you suggest, living in harlem or a neighborhood near by or jersey? I am open for options, not to picky right now just more excited about working as an LPN! smiling smiley THANK YOU smiling smiley
michele
Re: Spanish Harlem?
September 14, 2011 10:21AM
haha thx ..i live with mexicans now in my area near philly- they dont bother me here thats why i wasnt as concerned about the mexicans necessarily- lol .... i thought spanish harlem was more peurto ricans and costa rican not neccessarily mexicans lol.......... smiling smiley hahaa thx for making me laugh
September 15, 2011 02:19PM
First where ever you land - sublet. This way you are not tied for a long period of time (or it could feel tortuously long if it's wrong)to a neighborhood. Keep in mind you want to be near a food store, a laundrymat, and the subway.

www.sublet.com is good to start.

Google Harlem Today to see if there are some things to help you out. I found this article. [wikitravel.org]

Best of luck to you!
michele
September 15, 2011 08:39PM
thank you i will check out that website.. I def got the job smiling smiley yeah so now I am looking ...
is it better to sublet in jersey or ny ? and is bronx close enoughto harlem ?
September 16, 2011 09:49AM
"and is bronx close enoughto harlem"

It's so close that some some Bronx bums and criminals spill over and rob the white people in Harlem
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 22 plus 6?
Online Users

Guests: 5