NYC visit with daughter

Posted by Carla 
NYC visit with daughter
August 31, 2011 01:34PM
My daughter(age 23) and I plan to visit NYC in December. We've been several times and have seen all the obvious sites, but would be interested in any unusual ideas. We love Serendipity and Max Brenner's, but would enjoy other lunch suggestions. Italian food is our favorite, and I've looked into some of the cooking classes also. Any 'off the beaten path' ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks--Carla
Re: NYC visit with daughter
August 31, 2011 03:40PM
Several of us who met on AANY'er and TripAdvisor enjoyed a great time of drinks and food at The Windsor. I recommend having a Bling cocktail, it tastes just like summer. [www.thewindsornyc.com]
September 01, 2011 04:15PM
Hi Carla!

Have you considered classes at Murray's Cheese, Astor Wines or Eataly? They have a lot of really fun recreational food-related classes. Especially if you're a fan of Italian food, you should definitely check out Eataly.

How about a dining cruise on the New York Harbor? It's a great way to combine one of the best views of NYC with a delicious meal. In December there are also some special cruises offered, I know there is one with hot cocoa and carol singing.

If you need any help with your trip, feel free to contact me! My company is in midtown Manhattan and we have tons of local resources.

Best,

Louise Geller
lgeller@newyorkguest.com
www.newyorkguest.com
September 02, 2011 10:05AM
I had actually looked at both Murray's and Eataly and they both sounded fun, but of course I didn't know if they really were! Thanks for the info.

Carla
October 23, 2019 04:54AM
For an italian restaurant in midtown east, a fun place with good food and reasonable prices is Mimi's Restaurant & Piano Bar on 2nd Ave/52nd St.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 19 plus 21?
Online Users

Guests: 14