Getting married in Central Park on Bow Bridge

Posted by Margaret 
Hello. Don and I would love to get married in Central Park on Bow Bridge in December, yes December. I am willing to do all if not most of the preparation work and organize the wedding myself. Is this possible or do I need to hire a wedding planner?

I know you get lots of similar questions from people in the UK and Ireland. I would really appreciate your help, time and advice on the following. I know it's asking a lot.

Can a Catholic Priest actually married us in Central Park or will it be a blessing? Do you know any warm and friendly Catholic Priests who perform weddings or blessings in Central Park?

I know we need a permit to get married within the Park, but can we take photographs in other parts of the park before and after the wedding with the one permit or do we need permits for all photographic locations?

Can anyone recommend florists and photographers?

The wedding party is going to be small about 10 people. Can anyone recommend a great family friendly, relaxed restaurant for the pre-wedding lunch/dinner? And finally can anyone recommend a really special restaurant we can take everyone to after the wedding?

I know I'm asking a lot. But all your help is appreciated and much needed.

Why the rush, my sister is not very well and she wants to see her big Sis get married. We all love NY and I was proposed to on Bow Bridge in 2009. Thank You all for your help. Take care. Margaret.
Oracle?
Re: Getting married in Central Park on Bow Bridge
August 23, 2011 07:27AM
First, congratulations!

Here's the Weddings link from the Central Park web site:

[www.centralparknyc.org]

You don't need a permit for fewer than 20 people, unless you want to get married in the Conservatory Garden, where they also charge a fee for photography.

Bow Bridge is certainly beautiful. You might also consider having your ceremony at the Ladies Pavillion, where you wouldn't have as much pedestrian traffic during the ceremony:

[www.centralparknyc.org]

The Ladies Pavillion is on a jut of land called the Hernshead that sits on the Lake. It's popular for small weddings because of the shelter and the beautiful views of the lake.

I don't know whether a priest would perform the ceremony outside the church. You should contact the NY Archdiocese about that.

The most popular wedding party restaurant is the nearby Boathouse. However, they are currently having a workers dispute, so you might want to consider another location. Do you have a budget or type of cuisine in mind? Must it be within walking distance, or will you arrange for transportation for your party?
Thank You so much for your reply and the information provided. We shall certainly check out the other two venues. With regard to cuisine I am open to suggestions of really special and friendly restaurants which have to cater for vegans, vegetarians and meat eaters; which have the wow factor be that view or ambiance and I am taking the food being excellent as a given. We are more than happy to provide transport for our guests after the ceremony; as it is the restaurant destination which is most importantance. We currently haven't really capped the budget for this meal, thought I'd ask for suggestions and then take it from there. It is the only part of the day that the budget has not been set in stone so to speak.

Thank you once again for your help. Take care. Margaret.
Re: Getting married in Central Park on Bow Bridge
August 24, 2011 10:37AM
Congratulations!!

A priest will not marry outside of the church, but you can ask if they will give you a blessing.

Best wishes!
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 25 plus 12?
Online Users

Guests: 5