Moving to New York

Posted by Victoria 
Moving to New York
August 21, 2011 08:02AM
Hi,

I am a 23 yr old white girl from Bath, England. I went to uni in London but I am pretty much unfamiliar with anything and anywhere that is threatening. I am moving to New York in January to go to school.
I am searching for a place to live and I just wanted to know where to avoid, where is good and where is safe but affordable. I need to be as close as possible to East Manhattan but alas, I do not have a few million to spend on a plush pad on the upper east-side.
I am really scared about moving on my own and I am really scared that I am going to end up somewhere that I can't handle and I am scared about.
Please help as I feel totally out of my depth at the moment. My priority is safety really, I am small and probably not the most effective fighter (ha) so defending myself is totally not an option!!
Obviously somewhere nice is also a bonus!

Thank you xx
Re: Moving to New York
August 21, 2011 09:12AM
Why haven't you been in touched with the school in NYC?

Universities have offices to help new students.
NYC has a Student Resource Center.
[www.nyu.edu]

+
+
+
+
stay in NJ to visit NYC --> [www.broadwayfocus.com]
Re: Moving to New York
August 25, 2011 05:34PM
Victoria, it might help if you go to the search box here and type in "moving to NY". It is a FAQ and if you search ALL DATES you should be able to get a feel for the best way to approach a move to NYC.

I agree with ieeee about contacting your schools student resource center. Also see if they have an online school paper to look for roommates or rentals.

Best of luck to you and I think you are very brave, and very lucky. Have fun!!
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 11 plus 16?
Online Users

Guests: 3