Nice place to hang out

Posted by Julia 
Nice place to hang out
January 31, 2011 09:45AM
Hello,

I'm visiting New York for the 4th time in march but i never had night life cause i wasn't 21 yet. Now i am thumbs up and i'd like to know the names of some nice places where it's possible to sit and have a drink. Nothing excessive, no discos or anything loud, just something easy and young.(In Manhattan)

Maybe something like Dave and Busters?
Re: Nice place to hang out
February 01, 2011 04:04PM
oh, boy, Dave and Busters? Really?
You can do better than that.
The other night I was at the Maritime Hotel bar...give that a try. [www.themaritimehotel.com]
Or, maybe Coffee Shop on Union Square. [thecoffeeshopnyc.com]
Don
February 01, 2011 04:53PM
21y old? I would head to either the East Village (anything on Rivington St, Stanton St etc), perhaps even further east. The other area, where you won't necessarily be hanging with locals (new jersey's and tourists instead) is the Meatpacking area, which is Gansevoort Street. East village is way more down to earth and has very cool, grungy pubs/lounges/bars/restaurants. Meatpacking is very busy on Fri/Sat and more high-class/pricy
February 02, 2011 09:33AM
Kelly Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> oh, boy, Dave and Busters? Really?

Well real or not, i don't know, it was just a name I read somewhere. That's why i'm asking a New Yorker

Thank you for the heads up on the other places! winking smiley Both of you
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 14 plus 2?
Online Users

Guests: 2