beach

Posted by Julie James 
beach
January 27, 2011 02:05PM
Hi New Yorkers,
I'm so excited...coming to NYC in late May and was wondering about the beaches. Grew up in Los Angeles, now I'm landlocked in Oklahoma..miss the ocean and was wondering what you think is the best beach to visit if I wanted to 'hang out' for the day and get my feet wet. I've been to Coney Island, but, wanted to see some part that wasn't really a 'tourist spot' I guess.

Any suggestions? BTW...love your site, check it out even when I'm not planning a trip!!
thanks,
Julie
Re: beach
January 27, 2011 02:56PM
Hi Julie,
I'm a big fan of Fire Island. It's a great day trip from NYC....There are many villages,communites you can visit from Cherry Grove,a gay community to Watch Hill the mosr eastern side of the island. where you can literally walk for miles without seeing anyone with beautiful sand dunes etc...Takes about 3 hrs to get to the beach....

<embed src="[blip.tv]; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2011 06:35AM by askanewyorker.
January 27, 2011 03:34PM
Forgot about that nice little video. Makes me want to go to the beach now. So, did those dudes totally not answer you regarding the sculptures, or did they give an ignorant answer not worth film time?

Loved the comedian at the end! Thanks Kraft
January 27, 2011 11:50PM
Thanks Kennedy!!! I will certainly want to check that out, it looked great.
July 10, 2012 09:20AM
Long beach isn't bad at all. You can get there in about one hour on a direct train from Penn Station. you can buy a ticket from the LIRR that gives you your round trip train and admission onto the beach for $21.
The beach can be crowded on the weekends especially, but its a decent crowd of non-rowdy, well behaved people. the beach is clean and the water is fine to go in and swim. The train station is a short walk from the beach, pretty convenient.
July 19, 2012 07:43PM
Orchard Beach in the Bronx is interesting- especially since you can go to City Island and have fresh seafood while you're there.
July 20, 2012 06:22AM
<iframe src="[blip.tv]; width="480" height="390" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="[a.blip.tv]; style="display:none"></embed>
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 22 plus 3?
Online Users

Guests: 4